Raymarine C90W - How to verify that chart data on Compact Flush card is used?

skippeer

Visit site
Have 2 C90W MFDs with latest firmware.
Raymarine claims that the chartplotter automaticly will use the chart data on the CF card but I compared Navionics Boating on iPad with the chartplotter and sees differences.
How can I verify the date of chart data used by the MFD?

dunedin

Visit site
Not sure I understand your question, but you can tell if your MFD is reading the CF card by switching it off, removing the CF card and switching on again. You will probably only have a very outline plan of major land masses. Switch off and reinsert CF card and should see detail, including buoys and soundings - particularly outside 10m depths.
Then becomes a question of when the CF card was last updated. Unless you have a record that could be more tricky, as I don’t think Raymarine tells you that - unless during startup, when you are asked to Accept the warnings - but can’t recall if that only tells you the Raymarine software details, not the Navionics.
There will always be some slight differences between the Navionics shown from CF card and the latest app / web viewer, as the latter is updated more frequently and often has the (debatable value) user sonar overlays on.

skippeer

Visit site
If I remove the CF card and reboot the MFD I have at least Europe charts.
I am able to ”dump” data to the CF card and view it on my Windows computer, assume the card reader/writer works.
Have bought ”update” card from local Raymarine retailer and downloaded chart data from Navionics servers to my Windows computer with Raymarine USB card reader.

What I would like to do is to display chart date with the CF card active but I can’t figure out how, maybe this basic function isn’t implemented.