Proof of Vaccination

Laser310

Visit site
I'm pretty sure this has been covered somewhere - but I couldn't find it.., and perhaps it is changing all the time anyway...

Moving about the Med.., or Europe generally.., how often are you needing to show proof of vaccination?

How much does it matter what type of document you have? Are some accepted and some not accepted?

I will be traveling on a British passport, but was vaccinated in the USA (Moderna X 2)

I have two documents: a handwritten CDC card (with two letters reversed on my given name).., and an "official" PDF, issued by the state in which I was vaccinated, that I can print or show on my phone . My name is correct on that one. Both have the dates of each dose, and the production Lot # of each dose.

I don't have any kind of official app.

If needed, I could log into the official web site and show someone my record on that site.

will these documents suffice?

My aim is to be in the Med for a while - moving about.., and then get to the Canary Islands.

I also have a positive COVID test result from December - I know these were being accepted in some places for a while, but I don't know about now.

syvictoria

Visit site
Hi. In the absence of any other replies, I'll have a go!

Each country has differing rules, and most I think have their own Covid app where vaccination certificates and QR codes can be stored/generated. The French one - TousAntiCovid - is very efficient and easy to use (all in English), and I think I recall reading that it's widely accepted throughout Europe. It also largely works offline, unlike our NHS one!

Re-open EU is a useful resource (and also available as an app too).

The situation is constantly changing and you will need to keep checking regularly for updates, particularly in the run up to a border crossing. Some countries have additional quarantine and testing requirements, as well as requiring proof of vaccination and/or antibodies. I'm also not sure whether you having been vaccinated in the USA will make any difference as I have no experience of this.

Let's hope that the situation eases next year - for more reasons that just making international travel easier...

Hope the above helps at least a little.

billskip

Visit site
Hi laser 310.
You are right things change,so his difficult to give advice.
A friend from Italy visited us on Tenerife for a week, and left last Tuesday.
He had all the right inoculation and documents to travel,but when trying to leave last Tuesdayhis plane was delayed and all passengers had to complete a new form on the internet before being allowed to travel.

As for your name being spelt wrong I dont think you need worry, but dont go to Algeria!

They spelt my name wrong in my passport, I didn't notice, they spelt William as Willaim, I sailed into the port of Algiers and they wanted to lock me up and throw away the key.
I agreed not to go ashore and they returned my passport when I left next morning.

As for being in the Med, be careful if you visit Spain and then the Canaries as they are one and the same and you could be stopped for time restrictions, ie. 183 + days means you are possibly a tax resident.

st599

Visit site
Each country has differing rules, and most I think have their own Covid app where vaccination certificates and QR codes can be stored/generated. The French one - TousAntiCovid - is very efficient and easy to use (all in English), and I think I recall reading that it's widely accepted throughout Europe. It also largely works offline, unlike our NHS one!
There's a pan-EU validation scheme, which each individual country implements in its app. The NHS app was going to try and implement a QR code tha matched the EU verification process (without advertising it).

Many of the EU apps are the same - the German government released the source code for theirs online, for free. Each country just had to create a translation file for the GUI text, a colour scheme and a logo and they were away. Corona-Warn-App

As for being in the Med, be careful if you visit Spain and then the Canaries as they are one and the same and you could be stopped for time restrictions, ie. 183 + days means you are possibly a tax resident.

On a British passport, the OP could also run over the 90 in 180 limits.

As for the question on how often to show it, France- every restaurant and bar, similar in parts of Italy.

Laser310

Visit site
Thanks for the info; seems it is not really something I can do much about.., I just show my documents and hope for the best.

i will not run over the 90/180 limit.

Fiddlesticks

Visit site
Mum is just back from France. UK paper vax pass was OK in place of the Pass Sanitaire, but they wanted to see it everywhere.

Metabarca

Visit site
In Italy, Green Pass needed for pretty much anything indoors now (restaurants, bars (if sitting), shopping centres, cinemas, museums, trains, planes, intercity buses), but not supermarkets or local trains and buses. Expect most shops not to bother to check, some restaurants and bars, all museums. But people here are generally sticking to the rules (except for the usual crowd of brain-free no-vaxxers). I reckon that anything that looks official and has your name, vaccine and date of vaccination on it will be ok.