Prinny X95 ugly or not

Seastoke

Visit site
So we are in plymff they are everywhere , there is no outside steering ,what I don’t like . Another question the long glass panel on the hull ,is it one piece.

Seastoke

Visit site
I was also shocked ,watching the guys working on the new boats , valeting etc ,they were wearing black sole foot ware .

jfm

Visit site
It’s incredibly ugly imho on the outside, and feels a bit cheap/underwhelming imho inside. The interior volume is huge and people buy them, but Princess seem to make no money on them.
The glass is multiple pieces.

Binnacle

Visit site
Even squash, badminton, basketball etc shoes can come with non-marking black soles made from polybutadiene, and we specify similar for contractors laying our oak floors.

Greg2

Visit site
Thoroughly ugly IMHO.

Saw several such Princess offerings when on a course in Turnchapel in Plymouth a couple of months ago and we wondered what on earth possesses those with available funds to opt for one. That said Princess clearly understand the market better than we do as they appear to be selling them 😉

ari

Visit site
Thoroughly ugly IMHO.

Saw several such Princess offerings when on a course in Turnchapel in Plymouth a couple of months ago and we wondered what on earth possesses those with available funds to opt for one. That said Princess clearly understand the market better than we do as they appear to be selling them 😉
Space. Pure and simple. It gives 'those with available funds' the absolute maximum internal volume within 24m official hull length (beyond which there are huge build and crewing implications).

Explained very well by Princess Yachts here

ari

Visit site
So we are in plymff they are everywhere , there is no outside steering ,what I don’t like . Another question the long glass panel on the hull ,is it one piece.
Then you would opt for the version they make with outside steering, the Y95.

Greg2

Visit site
Space. Pure and simple. It gives 'those with available funds' the absolute maximum internal volume within 24m official hull length (beyond which there are huge build and crewing implications).

Explained very well by Princess Yachts here

An interesting explanation from Princess, I get the concept and they appear to be selling them so my thoughts on it being really quite ugly are largely irrelevant 😁

Interestingly they are going to do a Y version that will be more of a traditional flybridge layout so it will be interesting to see what that looks like when the produce the first one.

ari

Visit site
An interesting explanation from Princess, I get the concept and they appear to be selling them so my thoughts on it being really quite ugly are largely irrelevant 😁

Interestingly they are going to do a Y version that will be more of a traditional flybridge layout so it will be interesting to see what that looks like when the produce the first one.
A lot like this I should imagine.

Binnacle

Visit site
Oh Seasnake, you are, not for the first time, well off target.

I have an interest in a large sawmill which makes oak floorboards from trees grown on the estate forests. I'd be happy to quote you for work, but we normally deal only with castles and other listed buildings, and I doubt your mobo will qualify as it probably doesn't have crenellations.

MapisM

Visit site
…….just doesn’t look like £9 million worth of boat.
She surely doesn't, with the remarkable exception of VFM (volume for money). :p
Then again, how some people can rate this single element above all else in a boat, that's impossible for me to understand.
I mean, you want spaces, and you want to stick to 24m LLL - fair enough.
But to the point of being embarrassed while approaching your boat together with some guests, and hear their comments along the lines of "blimey, she's massive"?!?
Just because, being your guests, they are clearly being polite and omit the bit about being as massive as she's fugly... :ROFLMAO:

Tranona

Visit site
Then again, how some people can rate this single element above all else in a boat, that's impossible for me to understand.
But to the point of being embarrassed while approaching your boat together with some guests, and hear their comments along the lines of "blimey, she's massive"?!?
Just because, being your guests, they are clearly being polite and omit the bit about being as massive as she's fugly... :ROFLMAO:
Much the same reaction to some of the odd Rolls Royces, particularly the 2 door ones like the 1970s Camargue. Bulk is difficult to handle well if the proportions are wrong. I agree this boat is all wrong but might work if it were 10m longer.

dunedin

Visit site
Perhaps when they are berthed squeezed in side by side with all the other boats, people / guests only ever see the stern anyway. So being F-ugly from every other angle doesn’t matter?