Prinny X95 ugly or not

Seastoke

Visit site
Oh Seasnake, you are, not for the first time, well off target.

I have an interest in a large sawmill which makes oak floorboards from trees grown on the estate forests. I'd be happy to quote you for work, but we normally deal only with castles and other listed buildings, and I doubt your mobo will qualify as it probably doesn't have crenellations.
Ok give me a quote , I say you are destroying trees not good for the environment .

roa312

Visit site
I'm also not a fan of the exterior, but I don't think it's among the ugliest designs out there. However, I really like the fold-out bathing platform, and I've noticed that Sunseeker has also prioritized this space in their newish Ocean range. I hope these features eventually make their way to the smaller boats as well.

ari

Visit site
She surely doesn't, with the remarkable exception of VFM (volume for money). :p
Then again, how some people can rate this single element above all else in a boat, that's impossible for me to understand.
I mean, you want spaces, and you want to stick to 24m LLL - fair enough.
But to the point of being embarrassed while approaching your boat together with some guests, and hear their comments along the lines of "blimey, she's massive"?!?
Just because, being your guests, they are clearly being polite and omit the bit about being as massive as she's fugly... :ROFLMAO:
So like Bentley Bentayga compared to a Continental GT or a Porsche Cayenne compared to a 911? Ugly in comparison, sure, but it's very clear that many (most?) people prioritise what a car or boat can offer them over what it looks like (which is why Sunseeker no longer make beautiful boats like the Superhawk 43 and instead make what they make now).

It might upset your sensibilities, but I'm going to hazard a guess that their owners aren't losing too much sleep over that. :)

ari

Visit site
Agree .

Money and taste are not necessarily good bed fellows .Often the case look around .Princess have tapped into this seam .
Always a bit baffled by people who think that there should be any link at all between 'money' and 'taste', and indeed that they should personally be the arbiter of what constitutes 'good taste'. But there it is. 🙂

MapisM

Visit site
Always a bit baffled by people who think that there should be any link at all between 'money' and 'taste', and indeed that they should personally be the arbiter of what constitutes 'good taste'. But there it is. 🙂
Do you mean like those who call ugly the Bentayga? :unsure:

ari

Visit site
Do you mean like those who call ugly the Bentayga? :unsure:
Quite possibly, but I didn't actually say that. :)

The point still stands, luxury SUVs like those mentioned show very clearly that people will happily trade looks for functionality and/or space. Why should boats be any different? I think Princess are smart to explore this genre.

ari

Visit site
She surely doesn't, with the remarkable exception of VFM (volume for money). :p
Then again, how some people can rate this single element above all else in a boat, that's impossible for me to understand.
I mean, you want spaces, and you want to stick to 24m LLL - fair enough.
But to the point of being embarrassed while approaching your boat together with some guests, and hear their comments along the lines of "blimey, she's massive"?!?
Just because, being your guests, they are clearly being polite and omit the bit about being as massive as she's fugly... :ROFLMAO:
In the real world, away from the rarefied world of this forum with its exquisite good taste that money can't buy, I suspect the vast majority of guests are actually thinking 'OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING BOATING ON AN AMAZING SUPERYACHT!!!!!' 😄

I can't imagine many people invited aboard are actually looking down their noses at it. :)

Greg2

Visit site
In the real world, away from the rarefied world of this forum with its exquisite good taste that money can't buy, I suspect the vast majority of guests are actually thinking 'OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING BOATING ON AN AMAZING SUPERYACHT!!!!!' 😄

I can't imagine many people invited aboard are actually looking down their noses at it. :)

You may well be right but for me a boat has to look right and to have lines that are pleasing to my eye. Alongside keeping her in good order that is part of boat ownership for us and every time I see our Hardy it pleases me.

Each to their own of course and I do agree that Princess have quite possibly tapped into something here.

ari

Visit site
I totally agree with you, and I'm exactly the same with cars. I personally wouldn't buy a Porsche Cayenne, but I would buy a 911.

However I can totally see why someone would buy a Cayenne, and I personally wouldn't make sniffy comments about money and taste because I recognise that not everyone wants or likes the same things as me. And in any case, I'm not in charge of deciding what constitutes good taste. :)

Portofino

Visit site
I totally agree with you, and I'm exactly the same with cars. I personally wouldn't buy a Porsche Cayenne, but I would buy a 911.

However I can totally see why someone would buy a Cayenne, and I personally wouldn't make sniffy comments about money and taste because I recognise that not everyone wants or likes the same things as me. And in any case, I'm not in charge of deciding what constitutes good taste. :)
Thread drift …..careful the new shaper 911 s are trending fugly due to there dims .

The arguably beautiful curvaceous rear end curves look of the 70 s 80 s , 90 , noughties, , 911s bit a woman’s arse starts to look hideous as you move up to plus size .

Current 911 has transgressed the “ plus size “ look .
It’s got a bigger reputation than it arise so sales are holding .

dunedin

Visit site
Thread drift …..careful the new shaper 911 s are trending fugly due to there dims .

The arguably beautiful curvaceous rear end curves look of the 70 s 80 s , 90 , noughties, , 911s bit a woman’s arse starts to look hideous as you move up to plus size .

Current 911 has transgressed the “ plus size “ look .
It’s got a bigger reputation than it arise so sales are holding .
Always thought all porkers, including the 911 are ugly. At best functional, reflecting rear engined constraints.

For beauty most Ferarri and Aston Martin are massively more aesthetic - though admittedly the Porsche will probably break down less than the latter.

And yes the X-95 is hideously ugly, but some rappers etc used to buy hideous US 4x4 and Hummers etc - bling doesn't mean pretty.

Other threads that may be of interest