Preveza Prices

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I'd spoken to the guys collecting fees a few days ago and they said that a new system was going to start and they'd be able to take payment by credit card. They were complaining that the software was charging for too many days and were trying to get it fixed.

I think that they started using Wifi linked tablets yesterday but credit card readers aren't in use yet. We didn't have a problem extending our stay by several days. However, I heard comments from the next boat that a one night stay would be charged as 2 days. The guy collecting was apologetic and said that Athens people had said it was the law and that they would not modify the software.

I guess that's another place now charging from midnight - midnight for a single day. It seems likely that this will happen anywhere they roll out similar software. Perhaps there's still some scope to fudge it and guys collecting could enter incorrect dates (won't hold my breath). I know that this is the law but I guess adoption of IT systems is more likely to be a bad thing than a good one.

Single night stops get to about 20 euro if power is included. Prices are still low for 4-5 days as the effect of the extra day is diluted.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I'd spoken to the guys collecting fees a few days ago and they said that a new system was going to start and they'd be able to take payment by credit card. They were complaining that the software was charging for too many days and were trying to get it fixed.

I think that they started using Wifi linked tablets yesterday but credit card readers aren't in use yet. We didn't have a problem extending our stay by several days. However, I heard comments from the next boat that a one night stay would be charged as 2 days. The guy collecting was apologetic and said that Athens people had said it was the law and that they would not modify the software.

I guess that's another place now charging from midnight - midnight for a single day. It seems likely that this will happen anywhere they roll out similar software. Perhaps there's still some scope to fudge it and guys collecting could enter incorrect dates (won't hold my breath). I know that this is the law but I guess adoption of IT systems is more likely to be a bad thing than a good one.

Single night stops get to about 20 euro if power is included. Prices are still low for 4-5 days as the effect of the extra day is diluted.

So I understand they are now charging for being on the south part of the town wall ,
we was there the other day just to do a shop , not a good place to be once the wind picks up any way .

alexsailor

Visit site
Yes I get it but I just want to know official price for one day for a boat from 12-13m without water and electricity on the Preveza's waterfront.

cynthia

Visit site
Now there are meters on many more quays, including Preveza and Nidri, does anyone know if the locally bought cards are universal and can be used on other town quays? We have no idea of how the current water meters are operated. Many thanks.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Now there are meters on many more quays, including Preveza and Nidri, does anyone know if the locally bought cards are universal and can be used on other town quays? We have no idea of how the current water meters are operated. Many thanks.
The cards are location specific. We had a collection of them until last year when we made a determined effort to return them to the various locations....

cynthia

Visit site
Hooray, so that means we need a new one every time we need to fill up. Many thanks for the answer. I guess that means we’ll be going to the usual tavernas with jetties! Not much of a hardship really.

Cariadco

Visit site
Last year in Gaios, she was charging 2e per meter. On the outer concrete harbour, she doesn't always turn up for the money, but on the inner harbour, it's a cert.
Although I didn't get charged (long story), I believe they are charging for Midnight to Midnight, in Mourtos, but unsure how uch per meter.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
So the price for one night (midnight to midnight) for a 42 footer would be?

We were paying about 7.34 euro per night before the change and I imagine that will be around 14.68 now unless they fudge the dates to work around the software. I'd imagine that's not too likely.

South end is no longer free either as already mentioned. I was told that they will be putting in power and water "fairly soon".

I was also told that the power fobs only work at Preveza (not exactly surprised). I think that a couple of days ago someone mentioned trying one elsewhere and it did not work.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Last year in Gaios, she was charging 2e per meter. On the outer concrete harbour, she doesn't always turn up for the money, but on the inner harbour, it's a cert.
Although I didn't get charged (long story), I believe they are charging for Midnight to Midnight, in Mourtos, but unsure how uch per meter.

It's been mid night to mid night in Mourtos for some years now , I lay money it won't be long before every where be the same .