Plastimo navik self steering gear

Team Hallin

Visit site
Do not have a Navik but have a fully made up, unsed [brand new condition] and licensed 'Hebridean' which was designed by the late John Fleming for Contessa 32 but is suitable for boats with stern freeboard between 600mm to 1,000mm [1 metre]. The Servo Pendulum Wind Vane is at my home in London.

Team Hallin

Visit site
Yes I'm a newby and so unable to PM you also! I've just placed a post about the Wind Vane on the Contessa 32 Facebook site - so have a look at that if you are still interested in a made-up, working 'as new' 'Hebridean'.

contessaman

Visit site
Hi hallin hanks for your reply. It’s an interesting looking vane I just wonder with the GK … she has a huge transom hung rudder and this Hebridean looks like she might struggle to straddle the rudder? My big boat has a hydro vane which is great but I would double the vale of the GK with one of those. A monitor or pacific light would be good but overkill and again worth more than the boat but somebody else in my marina has a navik and it looks perfect. There was one on eBay a while back but I didn’t have the little GK then it was just an idea in my head but I’d love to build her up for the jester challenge

Team Hallin

Visit site
My Vane was sold last week to a person going across the Atlantic in a Westerly 33. They can be fitted with stern hung rudders but you must make a suitable frame around the rudder to do this. I've crossed the Atlantic 5 times and only once had no Vane and we had to steer by hand all the way across as autopilot packed up - it was NO fun at all!! Good luck with finding a suitable Vane and also in the Jester Challenge.