Pierced nipples and lifejackets

Daydream believer

Visit site
Seriously, it's an issue.
Having recently challenged my fear of needles by getting my nips pierced (it was a dare) I now find life jackets are rather, err, challenging.
Really need one that avoids the area.
Any suggestions?
Surely that is dangerous, if one simply wants to go swimming, because it would let all the air out & one might sink.

Tintin

Visit site
Why does the OP need a life jacket? He can tether himself to the boat with a safety line hooked to his nipples
Mate, I caught a glancing blow on the companion way the other week. Wowser, and it wasn't a "good" pain. ?

Tintin

Visit site
You've proved your point (!) and overcome your fear of needles: well done. Now remove the metalwork, let the area heal and get back to wearing your lifejacket as normal.
But here's the thing, I like the look of them, and the shock on some peoples face at the local swimming pool is quite funny too.

chrishscorp

Visit site
Go to a decent chandlery that has a selection of lifejackets and try them all on, if none of these work you may be down to using fishermans type work wear they do a range of flotation clothing that is as buoyant as a lifejacket. If they work thats fine for wet and winter sailing what you will do in the summer months im not sure, for that you may seriously be better off asking on mums net as there will be a bigger knowledge base there ;)

lonederanger

sailingtravellingaroundtheworld.blogspot.co.uk
Pierced nipples and sailing do not go together, One of the numerous foolish things I have done in my life was to get a nipple pierced on the request of the favoured woman at the time. Whilst living and working in Lagos my first lucky escape was whilst hoisting the main, think of a man standing on the top of his toes whilst trying to disengage himself from a batten car. Maybe 3 months later I was not so lucky passing through the companion hatch, and maybe I should of had some medical insurance as the gaffer tape was not a very neat or successful job, but I kind of got used to the way my nipple smiles at me in the mirror

Tintin

Visit site
Pierced nipples and sailing do not go together, One of the numerous foolish things I have done in my life was to get a nipple pierced on the request of the favoured woman at the time. Whilst living and working in Lagos my first lucky escape was whilst hoisting the main, think of a man standing on the top of his toes whilst trying to disengage himself from a batten car. Maybe 3 months later I was not so lucky passing through the companion hatch, and maybe I should of had some medical insurance as the gaffer tape was not a very neat or successful job, but I kind of got used to the way my nipple smiles at me in the mirror

And this is what I love about the forums- no matter how outlandish a question someone always has some experience to share.

I'm wincing at the thought of both of those.

38mess

Visit site
Sounds painful... My nan used to use corn plasters... little round cotton wool things, like a polo mint, these may help.
I remember the pain from my newly pierced ear when I took my crash helmet off and the ear ring got caught in it

Bilgediver

Visit site
Seriously, it's an issue.

Really need one that avoids the area.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like you need to find a good chandler with a wide or even a wider selection of jackets and enjoy some time trying the on to find the ones that circumvent the troublesome area. I fear you wallet will be a bit light following this as the only ones that I suspect will cradle you comfortably are some of the Spinlock, Crewsaver or other sports variety which may cost you a lot more for making you so more comfortable than the run of the mill Seago or Kru. Happy hunting.