Petty forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrussell

Visit site
Can’t help thinking we need to stop having a go at the mods. The forum is free to use, unlike many, and I can’t help thinking the mods (whoever they are) probably have better things to do than keeping an eye on a handful of petulant retirees getting shirty with each other over electric scooters, anchors or (everyones favourite) new vs old boats. There are plenty of other sailing forums - if you think you fancy a less moderated forum give Sailing Anarchy a go, but don your flak jacket first, it can get pretty brutal in there! I remember one SA thread where one guy was openly threatening to visit another forum member and beat him up. His threatening posts were not removed and thread remained open. It was fairly unpleasant. We don’t do too bad really.

Refueler

Visit site
Dear Refuleler
I object to you using my quote to make a point on a thread concerning E Scooters and not Honda Outboards. I did not contribute or read any posts on E Scooters
TA.

My post on here .. #39 is nothing to do with the E-scooters thread that was closed. I am referring to my whole forum membership having been deleted years before you appeared on these forums. When I finally got moderators to re-instate my membership - all data such as Fuel Consumptions / Sail vs speed / PBO Meetings organised / Fuel Blending Info etc were lost .....

My post was to SUPPORT your comment about moderators actions.

If you are so sensitive to such support ... with all due respect - that is not my concern.

Refueler

Visit site
Can’t help thinking we need to stop having a go at the mods. The forum is free to use, unlike many, and I can’t help thinking the mods (whoever they are) probably have better things to do than keeping an eye on a handful of petulant retirees getting shirty with each other over electric scooters, anchors or (everyones favourite) new vs old boats. There are plenty of other sailing forums - if you think you fancy a less moderated forum give Sailing Anarchy a go, but don your flak jacket first, it can get pretty brutal in there! I remember one SA thread where one guy was openly threatening to visit another forum member and beat him up. His threatening posts were not removed and thread remained open. It was fairly unpleasant. We don’t do too bad really.

C***e - I don't see him anymore, wrote a post about my wife years ago - long before my present register date shown .. likening her to a Mail-order Prostitute .. with extreme descriptive text that even a stag party would be ashamed of. I still have a cut and paste of it on an older computer.

No action was taken about it - until I posted objection reply. Then we were both banned !! But his account was re-instated along with all his posts bar that one. I had to re-register - losing years of posts and info I had provided online .....
I never received any explanation why such difference of results - considering I was clearly the victim and many others had posted support for me.

I am a moderator and also creator of a number of forums. All of which have a section where person can contact moderators asking for review etc. One forum in particular RCGroups (I am not a mod there) is far bigger than all YBW put together - mods there do provide possibility to discuss and review ....

Status
Not open for further replies.