Perkins 6354 bleed points ?

waynes world

Visit site
Got a couple of these Perkins 6354 and need to bleed them due to new filters and lines been fitted.

I know the lift/prime pump and to crack off injectors but are there and bleed vales etc anywhere in the system to go at aswell ?

Cheers
:)

waynes world

Visit site
I had a pair for 14 years, I could change the filters, start them up, they'd hunt for a bit, then settle down. Never needed to bleed.

I think you will find this video useful:

I also agree with Ben. Only had to do a full bleed after I had the 'jectors' service.

So although filter and lines have been changed it will not need bleeding ?

Well thats sorted that then. thanks folks :)

Restoration man

Visit site

waynes world

Visit site
it would be interesting to see a fairline fury with a pair of 6.354 installed ,I bet water line would be a tad low 🙈🙈🙈
soon get it on the plane though haha. apparently these engines have been fettled to give 170hp each.

I am happy with these AQ`s small light and 130 each. would like diesel though but to costly for same spec.

waynes world

Visit site
Wayne, if you've had fuel lines off I reckon you'll need to bleed it.

Open the bleed nipple on the side of the pump and waggle the lift pump.
i agree, just filters then maybe not but fuel lines aswell then i would say so, just when folk say its not needed then i question myself. or they are not reading the question properly again.

waynes world

Visit site
Ok got them.runming and All good for say 10 minutes.
Then they both started to miss due to fuel loss. Then cut out altogether.
Tanks are full and no leaks . All connections are good.
Priming and nothing coming through

Am.i missing something

Restoration man

Visit site
That is what he put inplace of the glassbowls. Which to me are just water seperaters
Have tried pre filling the filters with diesel , then bleeding? Your prob going to have to try and balance it on top of the filer bowl should but should be doable , failing that might have blockage in the pick up pipe try and blow air backwards through the pick up might dislodge anything blocking it just a Thought.

lusitano

Visit site
Start by checking the lift pump is working properly. Disconnect outlet pipe and crank the engine over. Spread an old towel to catch the spillage - if there is any.
If the lift pump is working ok, then work your way forward, checking for any leaks or air locks.

waynes world

Visit site
well what i did was bypass the filter off one engine to run of a jerry can. ran fine for 2 miles no problems.

its either then the filters or the lines to the filter. it ran fine before the glass filter/water traps and lines were fitted.
o have suggested to him to bypass agian the new filters and joint he pipes and see what happens.

i reckon its has to be filters as it happened to both engines

lusitano

Visit site
Are both engines fed independently , or is there a common filter or pipework somewhere - (there shouldn,t be)
If both engines stopped together it has to be the same problem causing it.

waynes world

Visit site
Are both engines fed independently , or is there a common filter or pipework somewhere - (there shouldn,t be)
If both engines stopped together it has to be the same problem causing it.
got one engine going and ran fine for 10mins on tick over, then got other going, ran it a few minutes and then set off. second engine we got running died. so carried on with one engine ( first one we got running ) then that died. each has own take off from the tanks