Penton Ville and thereabouts

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Its becoming obvious that several of us have boats in Penton Hook or nearby - I'm at Chertsey, for instance.
If those of you that are in this neck of the woods - say Staines to Walton - (or maybe live locally even if boat on S coast or elsewhere) would like to identify yourselves (send me a PM if you prefer) I'll set up an 'eclub' directory and possibly arrange a pub meet or something.

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

claymore

Visit site
As a casual observer and not one who is ever likely to be a member of your proposed club solely because of geographic reasons, I'm not sure you what you are proposing is entirely correct and you may benefit from the sage questions I am about to ask.
1 - Do you have a constitution?
2 - How will you know when you are quorate?
3 - Do you have a Burgee?
4 - Who is applying for RYA membership/recognition
5 - Does your website have an eforum area where the committee can vet membership applications.

As you can see - it isn't all beer and skittles starting up anything nowadays - there are many more questions - what Rank must be held before caps may be worn? Will blazers be double breasted?

Hope this helps
JS

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Having staunchly defended you in the past from the outrageous attacks aimed in your direction by that spotty fellow that seems to have a little more disposable dosh than us mere mortals (isnt he also a holy orders type or something biblical?)
I must admit to being a little taken aback by this sudden onslaught of inconsequential party pooper type stuff. Perhaps its just as well that you are 'geographically challenged' and therefore unlikely to fit in down here thus making any contribution you may offer largely 'academic' ?

TonyR

claymore

Visit site
Moral High Ground

Your comments in my defence from the spotty cleric were well received and it is with those in mind that I made my response. However I'm deeply hurt by your incinerations and hope the wrath of Eastleigh in the physical embodiement of Rod the Plod Carr, befalls you.
I retire cut to the very quick by your stinging remarks and may well retire from my role of semi-active contributor to the florums.
Anyway - assignments to mark
js

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: Moral High Ground

'ang on a mo' you upset me and now you're getting all self righteous and saying I uopset you.......Paulines right, all that matters is who gets the beer in!
No hard feelings old chap, quite enjoy the opportunity to indiulge in slightly more upmarket slanging sessions than usual on this list.
But.......rod the plod....eastleigh......please explain (i'm going to regret this..)

TonyR

BarryH

Visit site
Re: Penton Hookers!

Ah, now i've seen what you lot are like on that program on the telly. You got portrayed as a bunch of beer swigging gin palace owners. Not my words you understand

byron

RIP
Visit site

That program (again) they totally embarrassed everyone who owns a motor boat whether Thames or not. I have now seen it several times as it is regularly shown on Sky and it never fails for the cringe factor.

ô¿ô

paulineb

Visit site

The worse thing was that most of the pissheads they showed messing about on and off the boats weren't even members of the club. They took so much great footage that day which ended on the cutting room floor. I think they were just out to show the club in the worst possible light.

Pxx

BarryD

Visit site

Hey Byron - what channel is it likely to be on - I must make the effort to watch it next time <G>

Barry D.

"No, No, no - come off the plane before entering the lock..."

claymore

Visit site
Re: Moral High Ground

Houston, we have a problem. Forget the burgee, I never asked about constitution, OK no blazers - just stick to who gets the drinks in BUT .....what are you going to when you dont have RYA affiliation and someone posts one of those "RYA Affilliation, is it worth it?" posts.
I was only trying to help, to touch and in some small way, better your life - why is it that each time I try to help I am so abused - why only last week Arthur Wood destroyed my forumconfidence and all I did was remark on how spiffing he was looking at the moment...
Oh well, I'll banish myself to the PBO forum for a while.... have a nice chat about keelbolts and fixing windows.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: You\'ll be back ...

Looks like its just you and me then Pauline....May I suggest we wear dark glasses and drink anything except beer or gin whilst loudly proclaiming we have nothing to do with boats or yacht clubs. If you turn up in your piccie outfit I dont suppose anyone would even notice me in my commodores cap.

TonyR

byron

RIP
Visit site

Sorry Pauline, I admire you for defending PHYC but they were members of the club. They are clearly seen taking part in the sailpast, are togged up for the event and the clincher is the Burgee.

ô¿ô

byron

RIP
Visit site

The program is called "The River" and the one featuring PHYC is in one of the episodes. I really can't recall but I think it may be "BBC Knowledge" if not it is on one of the channels around the Discovery ones.

ô¿ô