Orca attack

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
There's a report yesterday on a CA whatsapp group of an Orca attack off the French coast in the Les Sables area ?
Yes off Ile deYeu, plus another one 20nm from Glénan: a fishing boat approached the sailing boat and began throwing fish all around, which apparently appeased the animals appetite for rudders. No damages to the sailboat.

Visit site
I was talking today to a neighbour in our marina (Ocean Quay in Southampton), who was on a yacht that got attacked by orcas while sailing up from the Med a week or two ago. (Sorry - I don't recall the exact location but could find out). He said they got rid of the attackers by using a loud noise under the water. They had a long metal tube, like a scaffold pole, suspended with the end in the water. Then they attacked the top end with an angle grinder, sending very loud distressing sound waves down the tube into the water. They had sustained some damage to the rudder but the attackers left quite quickly after they started the noise.

westhinder

Visit site
Yes off Ile deYeu, plus another one 20nm from Glénan: a fishing boat approached the sailing boat and began throwing fish all around, which apparently appeased the animals appetite for rudders. No damages to the sailboat.
Do you have a source or a link for those? I can’t find anything

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Do you have a source or a link for those? I can’t find anything
The Glénan one is the son (+ friend) of a Hisse et oh forumite;
father here:
Attaques d'Orques - 4
and son here:
64b7b508c1c64583d234e5d4.jpg

This is the other one, no more details so a bit of question mark as to what happened
64b7c52b040dbfa7e7926386.jpg

greeny

Visit site
I was talking today to a neighbour in our marina (Ocean Quay in Southampton), who was on a yacht that got attacked by orcas while sailing up from the Med a week or two ago. (Sorry - I don't recall the exact location but could find out). He said they got rid of the attackers by using a loud noise under the water. They had a long metal tube, like a scaffold pole, suspended with the end in the water. Then they attacked the top end with an angle grinder, sending very loud distressing sound waves down the tube into the water. They had sustained some damage to the rudder but the attackers left quite quickly after they started the noise.
Better to have rust spots all over the place than to lose the rudder I guess.