Orca attack

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Elephants are in danger in most of Africa as there are very few left due to poaching for their tusks.

Rhino is also endangering due to poaching for their horns used in the far east.

How many Orca' are left in the world I expect a lot more than Elephants and rhino's
I'm not sure what your point is?

There are an estimated 50,000 orcas in the world

There are an estimated 415, 000 African elephants

There are around 50,000 Asian elephants

There are about 27,000 rhinos left across all species.

You're the one who started talking about Zimbabwe and killing elephants to feed the starving. I don't know the situation at all and, since that's a non-boaty current affair I don't really want to discuss it here. I'm sure that there are other forums where you can discuss that matter.

Personally, I believe that if we are going to harvest wild populations of anything, it should be done in a humane manner, taking no more than we need, avoiding "by catch" and ensuring the long term viability of those populations including any sub-species / varieties / genetically distinct groups.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
My point is that we take issue when animals fight back for whatever reason, yet we consider we have the right to tale the life of an animal for our own benefit

I do eat meat but do not kill animals for reasons other than food.

I was thinking has there been any recorded attacks or deaths of humans by orcas unlike sharks where more sharks are killed by humans that sharks kill humans

Orcas around the world have developed all different hunting techniques which are separate around the world and handed down to young by the elders, so orcas are intelligent it's that we just don't know why orcas are attacking boat rudders in the area under discussion

We need to have some perspective with regard to the use of other animals for reasons other than food.

RobbieW

Visit site
And in captivity and what were the reasons
Orca attacks - Wikipedia
As to reasons, I would guess psychological, boredom, territorial ? Reading the article there are some instances of Orca potentially misidentifying people as prey then leaving them alone. Of course, any successful wild kills are less likely to be recorded.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Please get my name right it's ROGERTHE BODGER I don't DODG any thing and I do stand up to those who challenge me on my opinions thay are mine if you don't like or disagree you have the right to do that as all others have the same right
I have the right to disagree about your name then!😀

Come on, if you're dodging the question about killing mosquitos, rogerthedodger is too tempting, especially bearing in mind,

1000007511.jpg

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I don't need to kill mosquitos as we have several ways to deter them from landing on us when we are in bed at night.

It's not just killing then it's we have a better way of preventing them from attaching us wherever we are especially when we travel to more tropical regions