Opinions about JG Technologies, Weymouth

aluijten

Visit site
I've noticed that the above company has quite a competitive pricing level for Raymarine stuff and firm claims about service.

I would be grateful for some real world experiences.

Thanks in advance

Arno

FullCircle

Visit site
Needed a replacement GPS antenna for my obsolete JRC.
JG Tech sourced me a different make and model that would work as a substitute, and wwere cheapest.

No problems from my dealings with them.

pvb

Visit site
Bought my complete plotter/radar system from them. Very helpful, very knowledgeable. Prices are routinely among the lowest online you'll find.

Talulah

Visit site
Equally, all good. Low prices. Fast delivery.
The only thing I would say is about 5 years ago I returned an item. They didn't credit my ccard back until I chased it when I next placed an order.

Talbot

Visit site
Dealt with them a couple of times.

Good information and advice
Good prices
Good delivery

Don't know about their complaints procedure, as I have never had to use it!

Will I use them again - definitely

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I've noticed that the above company has quite a competitive pricing level for Raymarine stuff and firm claims about service.

I would be grateful for some real world experiences.

Thanks in advance

Arno

Prices are competitive.

However!!!! - before ordering on-line check with them (phone) that they have the item in stock.

Ordered a windgen from them 3 years ago - cheapest on the net.
After two (!!) weeks an e-mail: we don't have your item in stock, awaiting delivery from our supplier.
Asked why they did not show on their website that this was not a stock item, the reply was that they were only a small outfit and did not have the time to update the website.
Credit card was charged as soon as they took the order. :mad:
Three weeks later - after being chased (e-mail and phone) - was informed that they could no longer get the windgen at the price listed on the website - price increase of £65. Order would take another week to ship.

So, as they already had my money ended up paying the increase (no longer cheapest on the web) and having to wait 7 weeks for my order.

Won't be using them again :(

Rowana

Two steps lower than the ships' cat
Visit site
I can say I have only dealt with them once. Bought a Standard Horizon HH VHF which came almost the next day, at a competitive price.

No complaints from me.

Richard10002

Visit site
Ordered a linear drive from them in 2009 and they organised delivery to Sardinia. Excellent service. I got the impression that it's one guy working from home, which isn't an issue if he delivers.

aluijten

Visit site
Thank you all for your help. I will request a quotation for some Raymarine toys and let you know how I progress.

There is a similar entrepreneur here in Holland where I've done the same. It will be interesting to see the differences.

Thanks again,

Arno

pvb

Visit site
What was your impression of the shop?

Was a few years ago, maybe 5 years ago, when I happened to be staying for a few nights in the marina at Weymouth. Shop was intriguing, some very new products. I imagine their premises now must be much bigger.