Ooops. [pics]

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
I for one didn't doubt it was genuine and have seen the aftermath of a few 'how on earth did they do that' accidents! The clean cut into the boat and the fact it didn't fall out is to do with weight of engine and balance - it will have dropped front first, spearing into topsides first and pushing the vessel over. Only as the inertia was absorbed would the weight push down and 'cut' into the hull - and still with some forward velocity, any splintering will be inside. A bit like cutting a cake or sawing wood - cutting one way makes a clean cut that side. Thanks Spi D for the extra pictures too - interesting (if unfortunate for your friend) to see the full picture :(

Spi D

Visit site
Belongs to the insurance. I believe they pad the equal of £10900 which should get him at least a similar boat.
The owner has no interest in the wreck so maybe someone else could get it at an auction. Told to have been in good nick before the incident, but as we all know it is a DYI job or nothing.
Paid on Time & Material is not feasible as the insurance would have insisted on a rebuilt in that case.

It would be a matter of taking it apart to see how much structural damage has happened and if driveline etc. is still intact. Might not be easily insured afterwards.

Ragnahex

Visit site
unfortunate for your mate.... still made me chuckle a little though. I am not surprised at what drivers manage when not pay attention had one yelling for help one day as their car was neatly stuck halfway into a hedge and they couldn't get out of it

ian38_39

Visit site
I for one will not be using the recovery company. Just look at the damage they caused to the rear door of the car which while in the boat didn't even get to a point of impact.

This is the problem with photoshop, no one actually knows what is real now-a-days.