Ooops. [pics]

Spi D

Visit site
A friend just bought this boat and kept it on the hard at his parents' farm.

Along comes a Nissan Qashqai on the passing road, driver fiddling with his phone. "I didn't see the turn and suddenly all I could see was a blue canopy" he later explained.

Boat was written off, covered by by the car's insurance, luckily at a price that left the owner without loss. But happy hopes for a boating season was ruined :nonchalance:

AR-150629752.jpg

V2-150629752.jpg

Last edited:

Lloydroberts

Visit site
The angle of the embankment and the entry point of the car are all wrong.
The car would have entered the boat at the deck and would have had to be travelling at 80mph+ to clear the embankment.
IMHO.

Spi D

Visit site
So all you wise guys. I'm not used to be accused of cheating and does not take it lightly.

Can you who are so ever clever please thoroughly explain (not postulate) the evidence of this being fake or Photoshop'ed:
PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

PH-623009997.jpg

Last edited:

Tam Lin

Visit site
It just looks like the boat has been neatly cut and the car placed in it, especially from the bow picture. Hardly any cracks or splinters, strange!

I didn't say it had been photoshopped, just that it looked very neat! I would have expected the boat to have been smashed to pieces if it was hit by a car. Looks like I was wrong. Strange things happen!
Thanks for posting the other pics, it was interesting to see how they got it out.

BruceK - humble enough or shall I grovel some more?

Last edited:

Nigelpickin

www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
Look at those pictures in reverse order, I reckon it's an elaborate hoax and what we are looking at is a Quashqi being carefully lowered into the boat ;)

Seriously though, what a freak event and how lucky the driver was to not be seriously injured.

Spi D

Visit site
I know the explanation given has caused some wondering as the last bit of road covered before being airborne presumably would have made any normal driver try to act.
Looking at the last pic you see the road being gravel, neatly going along the shed. This driver went from paved road onto gravel almost 70 meters before still not trying to do anything to avoid.

There has been no mentioning of alcolhol et al.

carinboat2.jpg

Last edited: