Old gear

zoidberg

Visit site
I've uncovered a couple of these....

52540403695_2747deb447_c.jpg

....which have been languishing in a dark corner of my loft in a large box wi' other Big Boat gear.
I haven't used them, but querying - from those who have done - what they're good for and what they're not.

William_H

Visit site
These are called clutches. Used to hold the tension on a line typically halyard ar reefing line. The line goes through the slot past the grip to a winch. Once tensioned the lever is pulled to clamp the line so winch can be released for other duties. In some cases the lever can be in the closed position but line can be pulled through in one direction but will hold in the other like a jamb cleat. Typically mounted on cabin top forward of halyard winch. ol'will

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
They might not be load bearing of any significance. Footblocks have similar clutches now built in and are used to hold a line in position that is not on the winch but connected to a sail and is slack, to stop it running out. The manual specifically states not for load.

I don't know your specific model, but I think they are just for that, holding a slack line in place.