Old Diesel Boat Heater

ecereijo

Visit site
Hi friends.

I have an old ARDIC boat heater installed in my boat.

Apparently I have to replace both overheating and after-cooling thermostats but... is impossible to obtain spare parts from ARDIC.

I have spent two months faxing, phoning and e-mailing everybody suppossed to be related to ARDIC in Spain, UK, Denmark, Norway, Germany and Sweden, with no success.

It would be helpful to know about what both thermostats are, their function, the dangers of by-passing them and the possibility of installing similar parts from other heater, perhaps Eberspacher, and how to find them.

I would appreciate as much information as possible.... Thank you very much in advance

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
Enrique,
I have had quite good reports about the service you can get from this company. Give them a try.

Ardic Heater Agents

Espar Ltd., Eastern Hangar,Shaw Way,Mount Batten,Plymouth,Devon.PL9 9XH.
Tel:- 01752 491900 Fax:- 01752 491910
E-mail:- info@esparmarine.com.

or try here also,
Espar Ltd.,Harleyford Marina,Harleyford,Marlow,Bucks.SL7 2DX.
Tel:- 01628 471368 Fax:- 01628 474819

regards,
Philip

ecereijo

Visit site
Thank you Philip; Esparmarine.com was one of the first contacted.

They kind and quickly answered me saying that "I very much regret to inform you that neither Eberspacher Nordic in Sweden nor Espar here in the UK hold any parts for the old Minimax". They also gave me an e-mail address of a Swedish contact, but I recieved and "unknow user" error message from the mail server...

cliff

Visit site
try here

----------
hammer.thumb.gif

smudger_6635

Visit site
I have recently bought a Contessa 28' which has an Ardic heater. I have not used it yet but I do have a manual, type 04-D. The two thermostats are described as -
"Flame sensor - the flame sensor senses that combustion has started and disconnects the glow plug. If the heater does not ignite, or if it goes out, the flame sensor senses this and will automatically switch off the heater."
"Overheating Thermostat - The overheating thermostat switches off the heater if it becomes overheated."
It would appear that both need to work for the heater to operate. Have you tried taking the old thermostat to a heating installer as thermostats can be fairly similar.

ecereijo

Visit site
Hi Cliff; I sent an e-mail to Darragh yesterday; I'm waiting for a reply.. Thank you.

I'll try your suggestion Smudger, it can be a solution. Thanks.