oil and diesel pump Lidl

jon and michie

Visit site
Hi - Just a heads up - I was browsing Lidl at the weekend and they are currently offering a 12 volt oil and diesel pump for £12.99 guaranteed for 3 years.
comes with crocodile clips to connect direct to the battery has an on/off switch on the body of the pump and hoses to connect.
The unit appears to be quite robust aswell.

Jon

Murv

Visit site
I can highly recommend these, absolutely brilliant.
Drained my engine oil in about 15 minutes (20 litres)

sarabande

Visit site
Very kind and thoughtful offer, PR. Much appreciated.

Special offers come round to us about 3 months later, and I might look at one for next season. In the meantime I have an old Amazon one for the tractor.

myquest

Visit site
Very kind and thoughtful offer, PR. Much appreciated.

Special offers come round to us about 3 months later, and I might look at one for next season. In the meantime I have an old Amazon one for the tractor.

They were in the Torquay one last Thursday.

dash300

Visit site
I didn't have much luck with mine. It worked pulling a bit of oil out of my mower as a test but failed miserably pulling anything out of my Tamd 41P's.
Went back to the tried and trusted vacuum pump. Neat easy and self contained.
It may be I had a faulty one but just got my money back no problem.

pete

Visit site
I also thought they would be useful but so far have been totally underwhelmed by its performance It certainly wont be replacing my old Pella pump

Yngmar

Visit site
+1 - Got one of them a good while ago (they come up pretty regularly). Used it for both oil change (MD22, warmed up engine first obviously - don't try sucking cold oil) and to prime the entire fuel system after replacing it, hoses and all. Made quick work of both and the included two size hoses have so far fitted everything I have on the boat.

PowerSlapper

Visit site
Save your pennies.
i bought one a while ago. Piece of crap. Noisy as sin, leaked oil from back of pump, sucked air somewhere on the suction side and aerated the oil. Being cheeky, I opened the unit and found a standard 12v dc motor connected to a cheap pump with no seals on the shaft nor bearings. Reassembled it and returned it for full refund. My advice would be not to waste your money on it but rather spend it on a proper oil transfer pump. I use a Pela for engine oil change once a year so no hardship there.
I tried to transfer some diesel with it and only succeeded in producing pink foam from the discharge. If you intend to transfer fuel (diesel) then go for a proper fuel transfer pump, not one of Lidl's offerings.

oldgit

Visit site
I can highly recommend these, absolutely brilliant.
Drained my engine oil in about 15 minutes (20 litres)

Can also vouch for this nifty little pump, Watched by a couple of fellow boaters as it emptied my 40B sump in few clean minutes.
Snorts of derision died away as it quickly and cleanly did the business
Dead handy for emptying the sump on a Smart Roadster as well.
Also handles diesel and Petrol (dont ask )..
Might even buy one :):):).
Pela is not even in the game and youve got to empty and clean the horrid thing afterwards as well

Murv

Visit site
Can also vouch for this nifty little pump, Watched by a couple of fellow boaters as it emptied my 40B sump in few clean minutes.
Snorts of derision died away as it quickly and cleanly did the business
Dead handy for emptying the sump on a Smart Roadster as well.
Also handles diesel and Petrol (dont ask )..
Might even buy one :):):).
Pela is not even in the game and youve got to empty and clean the horrid thing afterwards as well

As well as mine and your engines, and that fuel tank transfer, it also did another tank transfer on the boat that ran out of fuel on our holidays.
By my reckoning, that little pump has paid for itself already!

jon and michie

Visit site
as another plus its 1/3 of the price of the oil pump for sale at machine mart - I am thinking of getting another one so that I have 1 for fuel and one for oil.

jon

emandvee44

Visit site
Bought one of them 3 years ago in Lidls Portugal. Used it three times for annual oil change, the last time 2 days ago. If the engine is hot it will drain the 10 litres in about 20 mins. I made a small but necessary mod. Extended the cables as they were too short to reach my batteries. Michael

Sailingsaves

Visit site
I bought one last time around and it gets most of the oil out of an engine and certainly saves me overflowing containers under the sump (cars) and messing up the drive.

oldgit

Visit site
Smart roadster has no sump plug :(
The only way to remove oil is via the dipstick tube .
The Lidl pump removed the oil in a few moments directly into a drum, no messing with getting oil out of a Pela and then cleaning Pela afterwards etc.
Ahem.....after filling up my car diesel tank with petrol ( for the second time) :(.

The pump removed nearly 50L of petrol/diesel mix and put 20L of diesel back in .
Took a while, but this merely involved standing around trying not to look like an idiot in very busy hotel car park !
Not quite sure why some folks are having problems.

Last edited: