oh pooh (again)

tcm

Visit site
I'm getting very envious of the Scots, who don't have to waste all this time watching football matches.

South Africa in four years. Altogether now "Three Lions on the... EEK aargh!....lions!...

Bejasus

Visit site
If a team can have that much determination to survive and succeed when down to 10 men, why couldn't they have played any of their games, including this one, with the same spirit when they had 11 men on the pitch. At the end of the day, the players didn't play to their abilities, and the manager certainly didn't manage to anything like he should be able to in his position.
The biggest possible thing that England can get out of this is a new manager and get rid of the £6 million man.

A disappointed Scot. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

jimi

Visit site
agree as soon as Sven's plans went up the Swannee, England started playing ... another disappointed scot ... now can we forget all the racist stuff and learn to be civilised human beings again?

bluesjunior

Visit site
The biggest possible thing that England can get out of this is a new manager and get rid of the £6 million man.

A disappointed Scot.

If you really believe it will be any different under Mclaren then you've obviously never seen the way Boro play.

It's very sad really. A squad of players that any competent man motivater would dream of. Lions led by Donkeys (now where have I heard that before?)

Another dissapointed Scot.

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
All I saw was the second period of extra time as I was stuck out on circuit all day!
For me the best manager we have had in recent times is Terry Venables, bit of passion and fight about him.
I am glad Sven has gone as I prefer the managers with a bit of passion rather than the Doctor sort of approach.

Lee_Shaw

Visit site
Re: Sven\'s got no tezzies (allegedly).

Apparently Sven often didnt say anything at half time if the game wasn't going our way. Think it was an interwiew with Robbie Fowler where he said that Sven just sat there biting his nails and looked terrified for the whole halftime never uttering a word.

I think Robbie only ever played one game for england so not entirely fair to judge sven on it, but I have heard other occasional england players criticise sven for lack of courage and motivational skills. During a 1 - 1 halftime he apparently sat there with a look of terror on his face and didn't hardly say anything.

Sam Allardyce would've been be my choice but ho hum have to see how Mclaren does, but it all seems a bit cosy.