Now the fun starts

andy_m

Visit site
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi !

I decided to get into boating last summer but as a complete novice I wasn't sure
where to start. On my quest for knowledge I came across this message board
which I have found immensely informative and can truely say I've learnt a great
deal from reading it. Thankyou to everyone who contributes here.

Around the start of this year I decide to change from being an annonymous lurker
to a registered user as I got more serious about this boating lark (and you can't get
more serious than handing over a huge wedge for a new toy).

The deal was signed last weekend and I'm now the proud owner of a Fairline Targa 30/33. She is safely installed in her new home berth in Gosport after being
transported via low loader from Nothern Ireland. (A big thankyou to John Shepherd Boat Transport for a very efficient and professional service).

Having passed my day skipper (theory and practical) I don't feel the need for
L plates, but am I supposed to display any P plates on my new boat ? If so, long
does this branding last ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Hi! Best is to proclaim long and loud how hopelessly uselss you are. I went into Yarmouth lots and they knew me as the total novice that been turning up regularly for bout four years - so had nice easy spots to park in.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Pratt Plates!!

Would not bother with pratt plates. All the raggies think we're one anyway and you will soon prove them right like the rest of us. Dont worry about it. Welcome anyway.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

ballena

Visit site
Have fun and enjoy. What's the name of your boat? We're in Southsea and planning to visit Gosport later today. If you have G&T on board we may say Hi and introduce you to the other side of boating.

Kind regards

SWMBO

<hr width=100% size=1>V8's rule!

Forbsie

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Shame I didn't see this before as I was down in Gosport yesterday and could have sat outside your new toy waiting for you to come down and open the bar. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Well done Andy, enjoy your new boat, will cost you a fortune but worth every penny.

We all like to think we're expert boat handlers etc but we (I) can always guarantee to make a complete pigs ear of it, best one I managed was coming into the entrance of Exmouth Docks (my home port), dockmaster (who was also the RNLI cox) watching, big tide, strong breeze, ended up coming in backwards!

Have a great season.

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks H, didn't take you long to pick up on that! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyway I'm off down to the boat in a minute, sunshine all day, not a cloud in sight!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Renegade_Master

Visit site
"Motorcycling just getting into boating" welcome I'm the same got into boats three years ago, (after first big spill in 33 yrs) decided to slow done. Still use bikes but not so much. Enjoy your boating Andy

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

andy_m

Visit site
I was tied up this weekend with my radio operators course so couldn't get
down to the boat. What a fantastic weekend and I'm sitting in a classroom.
My timing really sucks.

The boat was called Seven Heaven, but the previous owners want to keep it
so I'm currently looking into re-registerring the boat. (They even removed
the name from the transom so look for the boat with no name !!).

<hr width=100% size=1>

andy_m

Visit site
I've bounced down the road 3 times so far, twice self inflicted and once
courtesy of a little old lady. I can't decide wether I'm totally addicted or
just too stupid to quit!!!

I'm too much of a sissy to ride all year round, but the bike is usually out
for about 9 months of the year. I do a fair bit of touring, usually visiting
Ireland (friends have a holiday home near Kilarnney and most years I go to
the North West 200 road race in Portrush) as well as touring Europe.

You taking your bike down to the med ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Good luck for the new season. Don't worrk about bashing it, everyone does it and it's usually not too expensive to fix. Just make sure you've got plenty of big fenders, the balloon ones are best.

Pete

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owner's Club</A>

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Nah shes got a big fairing not needed in Spain, probably get trail bike and have some off road fun

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

G

This latest post by andy m makes one wonder. He seems to think that just because the sun was shining that the weekend was 'fantastic'. What about spring tides, visibility, wind direction and others. How much competence does he have or not have and who is usually in the vesel with him?
Sorry to be serious!

<hr width=100% size=1>