Noisy Newtown

SteveIOW

Visit site
Went to Newtown IOW for a quiet night last Friday 7th Aug. Being school holidays and Cowes week starting the next day there were plenty of other boats moored /anchored there as expected. Can anyone please shed some light on the source of the load "rave music" which went on until 0330 on Saturday morning. I was as far up Clamerkin Lake as you are allowed to anchor and it seemed to be coming from the West in the direction of the harbour entrance but it could have the land beyond that. Hampstead and Cranmore are sparsely populated - An illegal rave? From a boat in Newtown? I've just about got over the lack of sleep. I don't know what Newtown resident seal(s) thought of it.

Steve

Dab

Visit site
But how do you win your going to bed on time badge and don't annoy your neighbours badge if you hold a rave until 03:30?:rolleyes:

Skeffles

Visit site
That was the weekend of the "Jack up the 80s" music festival, wasn't it? A weekend of 80s pop and rave, centred on the other side of the island but with a wide variety of side events both licensed and spontaneous. Sounds like you were near one of the unlicensed pre-event concerts.

oldharry

Visit site
I was in Clamerkin that night too. It was definitely coming from a boat down towards the turn in the river. I tried listening to my MP3 player to shut it out but even at full volume in the earphones I could still hear the racket outside!

nicho

Visit site
Prob the mobo that has recently been banned from returning to our marina - loud music, drunk women dancing on the flybridge and verbal abuse to their neighbours who had the temerity to ask them to turn it down. The women could have drowned out Sharapova - why is it always the women that make the most noise?

Giblets

Visit site
Or perhaps a very powerful but local RF transmitter that puts out a ear shattering high frequency signal into the nearest audio equipment (also applies to daft boys in their hot hatches and 300w sound systems!).

Seajet

Visit site
Or perhaps a very powerful but local RF transmitter that puts out a ear shattering high frequency signal into the nearest audio equipment (also applies to daft boys in their hot hatches and 300w sound systems!).

That just requires dialling in the lat/ long of every Halfords, hopefully on the pointy end of a Hellfire missile ! :)

SteveIOW

Visit site
Have just bumped into the Newtown Harbour Master ashore in Freshwater. He too was disturbed by the noise and went out in his launch in the early hours of Saturday morning to identify source. He tells me noise was not from a boat in Newtown but further West possibly as far as Lymington. He also tried to report matter to the police.
(Looks like I've answered my own Thread question).

C08

Visit site
I too was in clemerkin lake Friday night close to the sand bar across to the Solent and the horrendous continuous rave music was from a boat anchored just the other side but in the Solent. It went about 4am. This was ridiculous and I was wondering what can be done about this. Pity it is outside any harbour jurisdiction.

st599

Visit site
Was on a buoy of Yarmouth, was definitely from Lymington area.

Next day had a rave in Braye until 8am.