Nightmare in Weymouth

z1ppy

Visit site
Hopefully the company in question are doing the right thing now to resolve the issue and allow Too Calm to continue on their holidays!

will be interesting to hear, of course, these things always happen at the worst time but hopefully they are putting things right!?

dj43

Visit site
Sorry but I seem to have not explained this to well,thrusters were both switched of when boat started to play up,when boat back in control asked swmbo to check Stearn as after switching back on it was not working, after getting through bridge into marina, boat went out of control again, thrusters were switched of on control's ,just after we got a warp on the bow, Stearn decided to switch on again, in haste to get Stearn fastened ,swmbo switched of breaker on dash,I jumped back on and switched new bow thruster isolation control of, before realising that the Stearn isolation switch was in the lazarette under the carpet,table and dog's bed :) spoken to the company that installed them this morning,they offered to send new parts to replace burnt out control panel on thruster,as these are not a straight swop,( seems this is not an isolated case )there is a upgrade kit to prevent this happening again, and they are under warranty ,have asked them to get an engineer to sort it ,Which they have arranged for tomorrow ,so fingers crossed, As we spent most of last season without any thruster's, I was looking forward to playing with them :) yes you don't need them ,but when they work ,it's so nice. :)

Last edited:

dj43

Visit site
Hopefully the company in question are doing the right thing now to resolve the issue and allow Too Calm to continue on their holidays!

will be interesting to hear, of course, these things always happen at the worst time but hopefully they are putting things right!?

Spoke to Mike at Osmotech ,Tuesday morning ,new parts, including extension wiring harness to relocate away from bilge sent out ,arrived wensday morning along with a local engineer,first introduction to Shaun the engineer,went hi I,m Shaun I used to work for the council ,did not fill me with confidence :),as he had no experience of thruster,s or boats for that matter,but turns out he had years of experience fixing just about every type of road machine, so between us the job was soon completed,big thanks to Shaun and mike at osmotech for the swift action,boat now all sorted,and we have reached the next leg of our hoiday,passing Henryf leaving Torquay as we were arriving,

Rtimmorris

Visit site
Welcome to Torquay

Spoke to Mike at Osmotech ,Tuesday morning ,new parts, including extension wiring harness to relocate away from bilge sent out ,arrived wensday morning along with a local engineer,first introduction to Shaun the engineer,went hi I,m Shaun I used to work for the council ,did not fill me with confidence :),as he had no experience of thruster,s or boats for that matter,but turns out he had years of experience fixing just about every type of road machine, so between us the job was soon completed,big thanks to Shaun and mike at osmotech for the swift action,boat now all sorted,and we have reached the next leg of our hoiday,passing Henryf leaving Torquay as we were arriving,

Apologies for disturbing your wife as I idled around your boat in my 24' fishing boat on Sunday. I had looked at a 52 in Italy and it made me sorry I didn't go for it! Looked lovely. We live just above the marina, so can you move asap so I don't have to drool. Regards, Tim Morris.

dj43

Visit site
Apologies for disturbing your wife as I idled around your boat in my 24' fishing boat on Sunday. I had looked at a 52 in Italy and it made me sorry I didn't go for it! Looked lovely. We live just above the marina, so can you move asap so I don't have to drool. Regards, Tim Morris.

Hi Tim
Thanks for comment,Our 1st time in Torquay marina,very nice,leaving for Salcombe this morning,this is our second season with this boat very pleased with her.