New rules on portable petrol containers?

B27

Visit site
Busybody. When your house is punching smoke out of the windows, would you call us busybodies then? If you want to see the difference 5 gallons of petrol to one makes, try experimenting in your back garden. You'll soon see the difference. Dig at me all you like buddy, but I'd challenge you to go and deal with the aftermath of this particular incident and then see how you feel.
Let's see some sources to back up your claims please.

Unfortunately, this site appears to be getting a lot of new members who turn and 'provoke discussion', many of them with flimsy or no connection to sailing. It's almost like someone is desperate to keep the traffic stats up.

My local garage has changed hands this year, new stickers and stuff giving guidance on what containers they will fill.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
This forum is mainly sailor, but the motorboat section will have boat owners who may have high power petrol outboard engines they will require major quantities of petrol.

These restrictions will constrict the use of big petrol-powered outboards. A boat next to mine have 4 off 300 hp outboard motors on the back and I hate to know what the consumption would be.

chriss999

sailing-chinee.com
Busybody. When your house is punching smoke out of the windows, would you call us busybodies then? If you want to see the difference 5 gallons of petrol to one makes, try experimenting in your back garden. You'll soon see the difference. Dig at me all you like buddy, but I'd challenge you to go and deal with the aftermath of this particular incident and then see how you feel.
I don’t mean to dig at you. We need firefighters and I don’t denigrate them (or you).
But adding extra tough laws to deal with past rare events isn’t a good use of our legislators’ time and effort unless it is absolutely clear that they will address the problem.
The problem in the case you mention appears to have been caused by a mental health issue and a relationship breakup. Not a problem of lax regulation of petrol purchases.
Traumatic for you and others dealing with it, I understand, and no I wouldn’t have wanted to deal with this.

[202876]

Visit site
Let's see some sources to back up your claims please.

Unfortunately, this site appears to be getting a lot of new members who turn and 'provoke discussion', many of them with flimsy or no connection to sailing. It's almost like someone is desperate to keep the traffic stats up.

My local garage has changed hands this year, new stickers and stuff giving guidance on what containers they will fill.
What "claims" do you refer to? The "facts" are that a person, selfish or whatever you want to call them, takes their life in a packed hotel where there are other members of public present without giving one thought to anybody else's safety. They could have done the same thing in a public place running around pouring petrol over everybody they came close to. The volatile vapours ignite when they decide to spin that wheel on the lighter, and boom. Away it goes. Sources being what? Seeing the feet of somebody welded to the floor from the heat and snapped off when falling backwards.
As for your comment regarding flimsy or no connection to sailing. Are you saying that I've come on here to provoke people?
You know something, this world is filled with bitter people who want to find fault and problems in everything when something doesn't suit them. It puts them out or just makes them feel as though they have to make change or put more effort in. I don't know why I even bothered to come on here to clear up a point that somebody raised as to why they couldn't purchase as much fuel as they wanted to. I always felt like I was part of a community in the boating world. Jesus, how wrong could I be.
You lot carry on with your bickering and sniping and I'll just enjoy my sailing.

footsoldier

Visit site
Exactly.

Unfortunately this site also has a disproportionate number of the utterly naive, who fall for it every time. There are two self-evident trolls in this thread, but in their desperation to express a point of view, the naive are happily feeding them.