New rules for boating from EU to UK

The Professional

Visit site
What you have to do when you enter the UK from the EU seems relatively straightforward, what I'm surprised no one has mentioned is that my understanding is that when sailing to/from France you must arrive at a designated immigration/customs port and similiarly depart from one. No all ports are so designated and therefore you cant arrive or depart from Boulogne or Fecamp or Dieppe. At least that is my understanding.
You can't arrive at Fecamp but you certainly can depart from there. The procedure for departure is uniform across all the EU and simply involves notifying the nearest port and carrying a designated form on board.

The Professional

Visit site
Sounds a bit like it was 50 years ago when we had a mooring in Mudeford, on arrival back from France the advice was to phone HM Customs at Hurn Airport, which we used to do, HM Customs told us to wait near our boat for two hours if they didn't turn up by then we could just carry on and go home.
Gave us plenty of time to unload all the excess booze.
I've heard some people saying this procedure may be making a comeback some time soon. Can anyone confirm is anyone getting asked to wait for two hours and if no one shows consider themselves cleared?

eddystone

Visit site
A thought occurred to me. To go to and from CI requires transit through French territorial waters - as far as I remember if you are on passage there is no requirement to "enter" France?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
A thought occurred to me. To go to and from CI requires transit through French territorial waters - as far as I remember if you are on passage there is no requirement to "enter" France?

Passing through a nation's waters, innocent passage is allowed under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. A loophole which may work to avoid logging into Schengen when on passage to/from eastern Med.