New Member & new owner!

SeaDave

Visit site
Thought I'd say hello /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've just joined the boating world by recently purchasing a Searay 225 Weekender. I'm moored up on the non-tidal Thames and am currently learning the ropes by pootling round the river getting to know the boat a bit better.

Goals for the next 12 months are to take the boat in the pool of London and to take her out to sea and hopefully go round the coast to the South Coast. Ambitious do you think?

Anyway - look forward to chatting with you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sarabande

Visit site
welcome to the Forum - centre of calm, tranquility, and Fray Bentos (you 'll get the reference in a month or two)

See you around the locks, perhaps ?

SeaDave

Visit site
If you do see me - keep your distance. It may only be a small boat but in my inexperienced hands it's a dangerous weapon! She's called Freon btw.

Doolittle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm in the Shepperton area /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shepperton eh? Just this evening I was taking all of the flags down along the High Street with my crew. I was driving a Light-weight landrover with 6 on board, with no roof when the heavens opens. Drowned rats, the lot of us.

This has been a public information broadcast...

Welcome by the way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgit

Visit site
Welcome Dave,you will be getting info from olde geezers with 1000s of hours of experience on here,so make the most of it.Some of them are a bit grumpy at times about stuff but this is mainly cos they are all a bit past it.Feel sure you will enjoy every second of your boating adventures but will say that you sometimes will need to grit your teeth and just get on with it after a setback or two.Remember that things only ever go wrong when an audience of thousands are watching and shouting does not actually improve things. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good luck,from a semi detached Thmaes boater.