New mainsail

Dan Dare

Visit site
I need a new mainsail for my Vic 34. Has anyone used Dolphin Sails at Harwich.

I'm fairly new to the East coast and based on the Orwell.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I hadn't realised Hyde had an office here so thanks for that. I'll add them to my list!
I do not know that they have office as such. Rep travels. That being said Nigel Grogan ( owner)was living aboard his 60 ft MOBO when I was in Neptune marina last year. So they may have something near by. That area does have a big customer base.

Dan Dare

Visit site
I do not know that they have office as such. Rep travels. That being said Nigel Grogan ( owner)was living aboard his 60 ft MOBO when I was in Neptune marina last year. So they may have something near by. That area does have a big customer base.
I've just looked at Hyde's website and they do give an Ipswich contact no. so I will try that.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I need a new mainsail for my Vic 34. Has anyone used Dolphin Sails at Harwich.

I'm fairly new to the East coast and based on the Orwell.

Dolphin made the main/genoa and sprayhood for my previous boat.
Was very pleased with them.
When I delivered the boat to the UK for her new owner last July, the now 14 year old sails were still in great shape.

OneSail at Levington made a nice trysail for me.
Only got it out of the bag twice to see how well the boat handled with it up.
Never used it in anger but I had no complaints. Well made and at a good price.

johnalison

Visit site
Although I have been happy with my sails from One Sails, there is something to be said for using a sailmaker that is convenient for you and that you can have easy communication with, depending on where you live and the transport available to you.

PeterWright

Visit site
I have always found that John Parker and Brian Fennessey at Onesails are happy to sit and discuss a customer's specific needs and are reluctant to cut cloth before one of their staff has personally been on board to measure up. I have known them visit an acquaintance in Pembroke Dock to measure a 33 foot cruising yacht and that guy, who puts in a lot of sea miles, is still happy with the sails after about 10 years.

We're happy with ours after 12 years, but we only clock about 1000 miles per year.

Peter.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Although I have been happy with my sails from One Sails, there is something to be said for using a sailmaker that is convenient for you and that you can have easy communication with, depending on where you live and the transport available to you.

The OPs boat is on the Orwell, One Sails are also on the Orwell.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
I have always found that John Parker and Brian Fennessey at Onesails are happy to sit and discuss a customer's specific needs and are reluctant to cut cloth before one of their staff has personally been on board to measure up.

Exactly.
When I was looking around for a new mainsail and genoa, Dolphin where the only ones willing to come to the boat and measure up for themselves.
We had a berth at Fox's at the time.

michael_w

Visit site
I've just had a new main and jib made for my Dehler by Goacher Sails, who also make my Flying fifteen sails. One minor glitch which was quickly sorted. I'm very pleased with the result, perfect cut and well finished at very fair price. I provided the measurements which is pretty straight forward

Cobra

Visit site
Mark Self at Advantage in Brightlingsea is worth a shout. I have used him for sails on my last three boats and have always been delighted with the end product. Mark takes his time and ensures that everything is right for your boat.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I've just had a new main and jib made for my Dehler by Goacher Sails, who also make my Flying fifteen sails. One minor glitch which was quickly sorted. I'm very pleased with the result, perfect cut and well finished at very fair price. I provided the measurements which is pretty straight forward
It took a letter from the RYA solicitor to get my money back from Goacher sails after a cruising chute was made wrongly. The solicitor cost me nothing, as I was a member of the RYA. A useful advantage of being a member of the assn.

dankilb

Visit site
It took a letter from the RYA solicitor to get my money back from Goacher sails after a cruising chute was made wrongly. The solicitor cost me nothing, as I was a member of the RYA. A useful advantage of being a member of the assn.
That’s disappointing as they’re the only loft/canvas maker near to us (NW England). Lucky old East Coasters with all that local choice!