New boat!

vas

Visit site
looks v.good, well done!

btw, inkjet ink, how will it fare with UV? (assuming you do get some up there!)
is the top film UV resistant by any chance?

Mr Googler

Visit site
looks v.good, well done!

btw, inkjet ink, how will it fare with UV? (assuming you do get some up there!)
is the top film UV resistant by any chance?

yes it is………..I don’t bloody know ???

It‘ll be fine. If not….I can do it again in about 2 hours……for £10 in bits

BruceK

Visit site
Can I give you a tip regarding your panel screw holes. Chamfer the top or when you tighten down the screw it will cause the film you have on to twist and turn with it.

BruceK

Visit site
@BruceK has a set of these switches now….looking forward to seeing his standard of finish. Hope he’s spraying his panels!

I did mine years ago. I'm just changing black plastic for the new SS

scPuuBY.jpg

And you've seen the quality of my spray jobs. 100% perfect. Cant fault me there ?

Mr Googler

Visit site
So….after plugging in the Mercury Vessel View Bluetooth module….and connecting to the app….it very kindly gave me this fault code
B1361497-F1D5-4CE4-AA8C-2BBA82933B33.jpeg

After some digging via google and some very helpful guidance from @spannerman, it was looking like a neutral switch issue. Today I set about getting to the switch. My previous boats have been inboards so such an undertaking would normally fill me with dread at the various contortions I would have to undertake in order to jam myself within reach of an offending switch.

today was a revelation! 3 mins and covers off with full access….a further 10 mins to locate the switch and remove. All….whilst sat on the transom as comfy as can be! Quick continuity test confirms switch is kaput. Quick jump of the plug gives no fault code ? Surely be a challenge to find a replacement….nope. Mercury have a great parts website. Enter engine serial number takes you to exploded diagrams and part numbers. Local dealer called….32 in UK stock….be here next week.

Only issue was I had to buy a set of midget spanner’s. 5.5mm bolts….never seen that size on a Volvo! ??

No sore back!

thanks again to spannerman ???

Bouba

Visit site
So….after plugging in the Mercury Vessel View Bluetooth module….and connecting to the app….it very kindly gave me this fault code
View attachment 116230

After some digging via google and some very helpful guidance from @spannerman, it was looking like a neutral switch issue. Today I set about getting to the switch. My previous boats have been inboards so such an undertaking would normally fill me with dread at the various contortions I would have to undertake in order to jam myself within reach of an offending switch.

today was a revelation! 3 mins and covers off with full access….a further 10 mins to locate the switch and remove. All….whilst sat on the transom as comfy as can be! Quick continuity test confirms switch is kaput. Quick jump of the plug gives no fault code ? Surely be a challenge to find a replacement….nope. Mercury have a great parts website. Enter engine serial number takes you to exploded diagrams and part numbers. Local dealer called….32 in UK stock….be here next week.

Only issue was I had to buy a set of midget spanner’s. 5.5mm bolts….never seen that size on a Volvo! ??

No sore back!

thanks again to spannerman ???
Outboards are wonderful things

Mr Googler

Visit site
Much wet sanding today. 9 hours and went over one side once and a half. Started with 1000 grit abralon disk but didn’t do much! This stuff is rock hard! Ended up dropping to 600 grit wet. Still some way to go to get it proper flat but there’s a glimmer of a shine coming.

the white sands out loads easier than the dark?

I’m not sure how far to go sanding wise as I have heavy cutting compound then fine cut and polish. I think I need to get rid of all the low spots then move to compound but it’s surprisingly hard work and difficult to just keep working in sections with the same number of passes each time. I just want it done! ??

44E7FFFC-4F4E-4C6E-9C87-9A2611221DA1.jpegA532A728-D8F1-41E0-8555-6AE1EBA70D92.jpeg8667457F-C81E-4D30-AF44-CE0C6D51D1C0.jpeg2F56FCD7-42C7-414C-B824-C982586ED329.jpeg

Mr Googler

Visit site
good, when is the next Bank Holiday? Hope it's ready by then :rolleyes:
Bruce had a point...
He did but I can’t spray. Not allowed, not skilled, not indoors.

Was never going to be a quick process. I’ve had the boat for 40 days. Been at work for 20 of those so not going bad really.