New boat!

Mr Googler

Visit site
Red is dead!

just the first coat of primer but so much happier! As it’s single pack, I might leave it Matt. The surfaces are textured finish anyway except around the perimeter so I’ll see what a second coat looks like. Might just gloss the smooth perimeter.

CB9C23D6-864F-46EA-93DA-4359A3B0094E.jpeg57FF6F28-4E1E-49A7-A1A2-82890E26429B.jpeg

In other news….the printing on the switch panels has rubbed off in part so I’ll be doing it again with a clear layer over the top to protect the ink. It was a proof of concept project anyway and I can get the finish better.

Mercury Vessel View device arrived. Works a treat with the tablet app.

Removed acrylic screens installed by the previous owner and cut them down lower. They are off getting tinted.

the hull paint is hardening up so wet sand over the next week or so.

julians

Visit site
Just caught up with this thread, regarding the android tablets as chart plotters, aside from being hard to read in bright sunlight, they also don't tolerate getting hot like a dedicated chart plotter.

I used to use a Sony Xperia tablet running navionics and it did work, but would overheat in direct sunlight and either completely shutdown, or reduce the speed of the cpu to such a slow speed that it was virtually unusable. This was in mallorca though, so maybe in the Irish sea you'll be OK.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Just caught up with this thread, regarding the android tablets as chart plotters, aside from being hard to read in bright sunlight, they also don't tolerate getting hot like a dedicated chart plotter.

I used to use a Sony Xperia tablet running navionics and it did work, but would overheat in direct sunlight and either completely shutdown, or reduce the speed of the cpu to such a slow speed that it was virtually unusable. This was in mallorca though, so maybe in the Irish sea you'll be OK.

more likely to have issues with being too cold here! ?

they are always in the shade but we’ll see how they go ?

Bouba

Visit site
Red is dead!

just the first coat of primer but so much happier! As it’s single pack, I might leave it Matt. The surfaces are textured finish anyway except around the perimeter so I’ll see what a second coat looks like. Might just gloss the smooth perimeter.

View attachment 115981View attachment 115982

In other news….the printing on the switch panels has rubbed off in part so I’ll be doing it again with a clear layer over the top to protect the ink. It was a proof of concept project anyway and I can get the finish better.

Mercury Vessel View device arrived. Works a treat with the tablet app.

Removed acrylic screens installed by the previous owner and cut them down lower. They are off getting tinted.

the hull paint is hardening up so wet sand over the next week or so.
I have to say, it’s a good looking boat

TwoHooter

Visit site
The tablet I use for a flybridge plotter is a second hand Panasonic Toughpad, allegedly 1,000 nits. This turned out to be one of my better ideas. I decided to mount it on a RAM mount (suction cup) rather than in a moulding because this enables me to move it and angle it to keep direct sun off the screen. I can also position it so that when two of us are on the flybridge we can both see it. Another advantage of this has been that it finally cured me of any wish to have touch screens for navigation anywhere else. I find it significantly harder to use touch than a mouse and keyboard when under way. Toughpads are expensive when new but readily available as used items. Mine has been working well for 3 years.
Clipboard02.jpg

Seastoke

Visit site
good, else it would look ridiculous from the f/b of a nearby 40footer
Vas there are not many fb boats on the roads in the IOM , THE BOAT LOOK GREAT BY THE WAY GOGLE. ps can we have it back in conwy , so it makes thatFormula look shit.