New Boat (to us) - '11 Targa 44 from Essex

Illusion

Visit site
Congratulations,

She looks superb and I'm sure you'll have hours of fun with her! We have a 2010 GT version, based in Swanwick, so I know you'll find her a great crusing boat for extended breaks.

Wil keep any eye out for you if you stay in the Solent, does she have a name yet?

Wishing you flat water and happy times!

All the best Phil

Stork_III

Visit site
Lovely boat, I hope you have great times ahead on her.

Btw, sorry about the very similar user name (I had no idea you existed :D). I will seek a way to change my user I'd to something different.

Good luck with the new boat, and if she were mine I'd definitely investigate options for somewhere sunnier!
Post your request here for Name Changes.

jfm

Visit site
Congratulations Mat. Very nice machine, and very nice colour/materials choices all round. Essex are great to deal with as you know from your experience. It doesn't matter what sized boat you're buying from them - they are just all-round helpful and always seem to find a solution to anything you ask

And yes, since you mentioned it, the t44 open would be an awesome machine in the Med. Talk to Jimmy Builder about shipping it because he has recent experiece

Anyway, congratulations and happy cruising

vas

Visit site
And yes, since you mentioned it, the t44 open would be an awesome machine in the Med.

how very predictable JFM :p

and how very much spot on ;)

to the OP, nice boat, have fun wherever you are, that's the point!

cheers

V.

matm

Visit site
Classic, was waiting for the Med pitch! :)

She's going to be called Humu Humu II (I think) depends on whether or not the new owner of Humu Humu will rename it - don't really want the confusion in the same cruising area.

End game is a boat called humuhumunukunukuapuaa but we need a bigger transom for that and some understanding Harbour masters/marinas! So last one was Humu Humu and the next one (I.e. this one) was supposed to be Nuku Nuku but it sounds a bit too much like "nookie" :)

Re Essex, can't say enough good things about them. I went to see them pretty much based on this forum's views. Primarily Dealt with Nick who made life very easy and is still in contact to check all ok.

Once again, thanks for all your kind words!

Mat

rafiki_

Visit site
Classic, was waiting for the Med pitch! :)

She's going to be called Humu Humu II (I think) depends on whether or not the new owner of Humu Humu will rename it - don't really want the confusion in the same cruising area.

End game is a boat called humuhumunukunukuapuaa but we need a bigger transom for that and some understanding Harbour masters/marinas! So last one was Humu Humu and the next one (I.e. this one) was supposed to be Nuku Nuku but it sounds a bit too much like "nookie" :)

Re Essex, can't say enough good things about them. I went to see them pretty much based on this forum's views. Primarily Dealt with Nick who made life very easy and is still in contact to check all ok.

Once again, thanks for all your kind words!

Mat

Well, what is the story behind Humu Humu then?

matm

Visit site
Well, what is the story behind Humu Humu then?

Hawaiian state fish. Where we honeymooned and come back to every year. Several Mai Tais down and sitting at the bar in Wailea in Maui currently hence late/early postings. Resto at this resort is called Humuhumublahblah too.

Guess everyone's boat name means a lot to them so reluctant to change it too readily. Part of the family now.