Nemesis

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Old man discussing boats and back iin the water etc. Reminded me of a repair that needs doing.

Anyway in our bay we have a big tidal fall partly cos of where we are in Irish see also bay is quite shallow and tide runs out about half the bay ( it aint a big bay saying that) But in centre of bay is a rock.
It is exposed at low water to about three feet out the watermore on springs. So natch it is a hazard at certain points of tide. It is on the south side of the bay and is, quite frankly easy to avoid.

My old man has hit this rock with every dinghy we have ever owned. He even capsized on it when it was exposed. We have dagger boards with chunksout them.centre board casings cracked and leaky as a result of this rock.

Does anyone else have stretch of water a hazard, transit or route that consistently gets the better of them?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer</font color=red>

claymore

Visit site
Our Gateposts.

Dear heart worked out that we would save £125 by fitting an 8 ft gate instead of a 10ft one. That was in 1984.
Since then it has cost £379 in car repairs.
Is this the kind of thing you mean?

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
The tree!

A old friend of my father was an RASC officer during the war, in Palestine, running a truck repair facility in the middle of the desert. Near it there was a solitary tree, nothing else except sand and stones. The number of trucks that succeeded in hitting the tree was so high that he got the REs to blow it up.

<hr width=100% size=1>

TomIsitt

N/A
Visit site
Re: Farringdon Road...

Been knocked off my motorbike three times in 18 months (one taxi, one Volvo and one Ford Maverick). Total cost of repairs >£10k and six weeks on crutches.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Statistics.

ooer. Actually, on average, one person in London is knocked off a motorcycle every 14 minutes. I spect he wears four layers of leathers and is very very cheesed off.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
yeah right...

every six seconds a woman somewhere in the world gives birth.

what we have to do is find that woman and stop her.

<hr width=100% size=1>

TomIsitt

N/A
Visit site
Re: I know...

If you find her, get her to ride a motorbike along Farringdon Road twice a day....that'll soon put a stop to it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Divine Signage

The Almighty is recommending that he stops zipping down farringdon road when a better route would be to avoid kings cross and go through western edges of camden town to go south on southampton row, and cross the thames at waterloo instead of farringdon/blackfriars which has lots of northbound right-turning traffic.

I had that sailbad's sister in the back of this back once...

<hr width=100% size=1>

TomIsitt

N/A
Visit site

Have consulted the IPC padre and he reckons it's the Lord's way of telling me to get a REALLY LOUD competition exhaust for the KTM.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

aah much better
if they can hear you coming they can pull out at just the right moment to knock you flat.
mmm i think you shouldlisten to the lord

tcm has not had my sister
she is a well claaaarssy bird

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer</font color=red>

Ohdrat

Visit site
Pentland Firth.. it has so far always got the better of me when trying to sail the wrong way thro or across it!

<hr width=100% size=1>