Nb. Car hire, London

masterofnone

Visit site
Wish to go up north for xmas. No sensibly priced train tickets available; sold out.I ride a m/bike, swmbo and myself dont fancy the trip.
Anyone any experience/companies; small diesel car hire week over xmas.

<hr width=100% size=1>

T_S

Visit site
Good decision not to take the Train, Wife and I used the train to Manchester this year and it was diabolical! Unlike the southern network we were surprised to see 2nd class seating that was pretty well ALL reserved throughout the train!

I will defifinatly NEVER use a train to go north again!

<hr width=100% size=1>

FullCircle

Visit site
Look in local papers or Loot/ AutoTrader and buy a car for 200quid with a months tax on it. Make sure its a small car. Do the trip and advertise it again for the same money or even slightly more. Remember that cars are worth nothing these days. I sold a PERFECT Mondeo with tax and MOT for 550 quid this year (only 93000 miles). A real adventure.
However, small car hire is seriously cheap anyway at 25 quid a day all in with no mileage at the smaller ( look in yell.com) companies, so a week will bring it even cheaper.
To give you a clue, I used to rent cars to drive to France/Belgium and then claim the company rate for private cars, because I would make a profit on the day!!!!!!

Have a good trip

Jim

<hr width=100% size=1>Jeanneau 35 - only 13,272 lbs displacement, not even 6 tons,what a lightweight!!!

FrayBentos

Visit site
eBay is the best place to get a cheap car - there are loads to choose from
My sons have bought and sold three now all for less than £300 quid each with MOT & tax. They run them for a month or so then sell them on and get something else
So far - no problems
Best was a Jaguar Sovereign with full cream leather upholstery and electric everything - ran like a dream but was a bit thirsty

<hr width=100% size=1>

masterofnone

Visit site
Many thanks! Unbelieveable price 10 days, small car, £165 incl. If it goes on similar, I won't regret getting rid of the car. Was finding it hard to justify, and , i'd rather spend/save the money for the boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>