Nauti Sattler sprayhoods

jackho

Visit site
Anyone bought a sprayhood from this company. Seem to be only outfit making Bavaria original fit products.
No response so far to my enquires.

Tranona

Visit site
C&J Marine made all the spray hoods for Bavarias in the UK until about 2009 and TecSew after that, so no need to go to Germany. Last time I saw prices from Nauti they were substantially more than even TeccSew who are probably the most expensive in the UK (although not excessive for the highest quality). However you have no need to go to either of them as any local competent canvas worker can make you a replacement, although I think TecSew are worth paying for.

jackho

Visit site
C&J Marine made all the spray hoods for Bavarias in the UK until about 2009 and TecSew after that, so no need to go to Germany. Last time I saw prices from Nauti they were substantially more than even TeccSew who are probably the most expensive in the UK (although not excessive for the highest quality). However you have no need to go to either of them as any local competent canvas worker can make you a replacement, although I think TecSew are worth paying for.
Thank you for taking time to reply. Have i think talked to all of them but they dont have template for my model and insist they need to measure and fit. Unfortunately we are in the North of Ireland so they have declined. Agree Tecsew etc.are quality suppliers.

Tranona

Visit site
Surprised at that. What model do you have? Have you tried Sailmakers in Newtownards or Tedfords in Belfast? I can understand the reluctance of Tecsew and C&J if they do not have the templates or CAD cutting files) because getting a fit with an unknown frame is a challenge, but a competent canvas worker can do a good job if they can measure and make templates the old fashioned way. Have just had this done on an existing frame by Kemps as it was easier than getting John of Tecsew to come an measure from Gosport. Perfect fit and made exactly how I wanted.

If the Nauti hoods are the same as Bavaria fit as original I would not have one as a gift. That is why Opal and Clipper always had them made here. BTW if you just want the canvas you have to be absolutely sure that the frame is the same as the original on which the Nauti one is based.