My next boat at last

John100156

Visit site
Hi all, at last I have now bought my next boat, a Sealine F43. I will be delivering her by sea on Monday leaving Duquesa at 0900 with two overnight stops, one at Almeria and one at Alicante, we hope to arrive Sant Carles on Wednesday if conditions are favourable.

Lorraine and me will be joined by Mr and Mrs Hurricane for the trip, so I am certain between us we will be posting our track and some narrative with images in due course.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the Forumites that have helped me over recent months since I sold my Targa-34 with good advice and support. Particularly with regard to this boat and the infamous Pearl-43!

Special thanks to Mike and Mary (Hurric) Clive (Renegade...), Paul (VP), Col and so many others. It is a pleasure to contribute to this Forum and I look forward to continuing to support it.

I will post some images soon!

John and Lorraine Cain
Will need to change my Signature now!

andy59

Visit site
Good luck ,

With the new boat . Did you pick the F43 over the Phantom 42 for the extra space , ( it was you looking at the one in alicante wasnt it ) .

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Congratulations, John. I hope the delivery trip goes well

Hurricane

Visit site
Congratulations, John

My camera is all charged up and memory stick reformatted for some pics and videos of the trip up to Sant Carles.
Presumably people on here would like to see the progress of the delivery trip????

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
Congratulations, John

My camera is all charged up and memory stick reformatted for some pics and videos of the trip up to Sant Carles.
Presumably people on here would like to see the progress of the delivery trip????

"WHAT A STUPID QUESTION!!!!!"................well get on with it, im waiting with baited breath !!!!........enjoy the trip everyone....

Renegade_Master

Visit site
As long as you dont leave too early John and Lorraine :~) I will get a snap of you sailing away from Duquesa for la forum. I'll take it it from the fly of my Princess to get some height.
Will be good to see Mike and Mary again too.

Bon Voyage Clive

John100156

Visit site
Thanks chaps - just completed the passage plan for the first leg.

Jimmy: Mmmm I know what you mean I wonder if Mike will bring his talking boat software
'Logging event in 2 minutes' most impressive.

Clive: Photo's of me and Mike - well not a pretty sight..... Not sure if the ladies on the Forum would be able to take it!

Andy59: I looked at one at Fairline in Port Vell (Barcelona), I like the Ph42's but we have several people stay with us from time-to-time, the rear cabin of the F43 will suit us much better. Also looked at the Pearle-43, I liked that boat, sad it had so much wrong with it and a Statesman-420.

Happy days again (until things start to go wrong.... Not that they ever do with boats) watch this space!

2du9oye_th.jpg

Hurricane

Visit site
John, many congrats on the new boat - have a good delivery trip. Do NOT let Hurricane persuade you to install a talking log!! :D :D

Cheers
Jimmy

Well, Jimmy - what do you think?

Of course "logging event" is loaded onto notepad computer and ready to go!!

As are all my charts and Nav software but I'm sure John has the route covered - I'm just going as crew.

Hurricane

Visit site
For those of you who dont know that part of the world, here's the proposed delivery trip.

Duq2SC-1.jpg

I've just spoken to John on the and he is hoping the we can do the following:-
The blue route on Day 1 (Monday)
The green one on Day 2 (Tuesday)
And finish with the pink route on Wednesday.

Weather, at the moment, looks good - but as we all know a number of things can change schedules like this.

Lets hope its a good one for John

Cant wait for the summer
To get out on that lagoon, rafted up alongside and break out the BBQs ---- and the bubbly.

JamesFrance

Sant Carles Marina, Spain and Carcassonne
Visit site
John in case you don't see my message on SCM Chat, if your berth is N331 it is out of action with the finger post weld cracked again following 86 knots wind the other night. You will need to check where to moor as there are a few other 12m berths also damaged.

Hope to see you on Wednesday,

Renegade_Master

Visit site
John Lorraine, Mike and Mary have just cast off, I have missed their actually departure due to over indulgence last night my fault.

Happily yesterdays wind has gone and its currently flat seas.

I have given John the message from Jamesfrance about the damaged pontoon,
he will contact the marina office before arrival.

I wish them an enjoyable journey Clive

Hurricane

Visit site
Just arrived in Alicante - late.

We set off onm Monday from Duquesa as planned.
Flat seas only lasted for about 2 hours.
Our track took us a fair way off the shore so we changed the plan and made our way inshore.
After about an hour the sea settled and became more manageable.
Stayed overnight at Almerimar rather than Almeria.
This was a good plan as it gave John a good insight to fuel consumption etc.
It was also a good shakedown for the boat.

Got up early this morning and set off - immediately into some rather nasty stuff.
Spent the moring running at 10 to 15 knots with the big plan slipping away.
Weather changed in the afternoon as predicted and we were able to wind the boat up to cruise at 26 knots.
Quick fuel stop close to Cartegena and off again to see if we could catch up lost time.
The sea this afternoon was really in our favour as we pulled into Alicante at 19:30 - just in time for a good meal.

The plan tomorrow is to pop into Moraira for lunch and refuel - then it should be just a matter of another 4 or 5 hours run to home at Sant Carles.
The forecast is for a flat sea crossing of Valencia Bay.

The boat is performing well - fuel consumption is much as expected.

Dolphins spotted last night and Whales this evening so the ladies are happy.......?????

Will pop up some pics later when we get a better internet connection.

djefabs

Visit site
Good to hear that you and John are making progress. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the pics. Also hope that you find Jenny Wren to be all OK and no expensive power surge problems. Wind Guru is givin some good numbers so good luck with the rest of your passage.