My first sail

Vern

Visit site
The chap I bought my boat from, took us out for a couple of hours today, but little wind off Weymouth at Midday today.
But I have fallen in lust, no sickness, lovely to see the old boat working as it should. Scary waiting for the bridge, but all went well and I steered her into her berth.

Small beer to all of you mariners, I realise, but after owning the boat for 6 weeks, it means a lot to me.

Seajet

Visit site
I for one don't think it 'small beer' at all, it's a major step in life and Well Done, welcome !

I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun, I still feel the same every time I think of my boat - ie every few seconds! - as the first time.

You do realise there's no known cure ?! :)

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
FWIW, I went out for the first time yesterday, with my leg in a cast. I motored up the Straits & thro the Swellies, borrowing a mooring for lunch. I then came back thro the Swellies (still within the safe tide time) pottered back to AberMenai & anchored for the night, returning to Caernarfon this morning to set up a temporary quayside berth.

Never set a sail (didn't dare with such limited mobility) but I had a lovely time - and I've been sailing 50 years now. You have a lifetime of fun (and some worries) and many challenges ahead. Enjoy them.

tom_sail

Visit site
FWIW, I went out for the first time yesterday, with my leg in a cast. I motored up the Straits & thro the Swellies, borrowing a mooring for lunch. I then came back thro the Swellies (still within the safe tide time) pottered back to AberMenai & anchored for the night, returning to Caernarfon this morning to set up a temporary quayside berth.

Never set a sail (didn't dare with such limited mobility) but I had a lovely time - and I've been sailing 50 years now. You have a lifetime of fun (and some worries) and many challenges ahead. Enjoy them.

I saw you yesterday! We went up to Y Felinheli for lunch then back :)
Photos here camera ran of battery sorry so didn't manage to get a photo.