Most of you missed it.

pheran

Visit site
The most prestigious Thames event of the year, that is. The ODCC Sailpast was held yesterday in glorious sunshine at Chateau Alexander. What we lacked in quantity, we more than made up for in quality with forumites Brayman, chris-d, uncle albert (its good to have another beard in the club!), myself and of course, Big By, all dressed up in our finery and generally putting the world to rights. Lurker Stripp was the official photographer. No doubt you are all insanely jealous but if you want to avoid disappointment next year, just join the ODCC. Any of the afore-named can supply details.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Another avid lurker was there in the guise of Mike Rowlet.

I thought you looked particularly splendid in the pink organza frock you wore. Chris D, Uncle Albert and Brayman looked remarkably like the Beverley Sisters.

Chris_d

Visit site
A fine weekend indeed, except for the headache on Sunday morning /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Here's a few forumites sailing past
IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

rr_123

Visit site
at the risk of appearing ignorant (!) ODCC?

googled it but have given up after

Oxford Down Cricket Club
Oklahoma Department of Consumer Credit
Open Door Community Church

please enlighten me

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
at the risk of appearing ignorant (!) ODCC?

googled it but have given up after

Oxford Down Cricket Club
Oklahoma Department of Consumer Credit
Open Door Community Church

please enlighten me

[/ QUOTE ]
Oxford Ditch Cruising Club, most members moor from say Henley to Abingdon (ish) though others are from further afield.
One of the oldest motor boat clubs on the Thames having been founded circa 1947 by Oxford Uni Dons who had moved from oars to power. In those days the nickname for the Thames was "the ditch".
The club doesn't take itself too seriously but does have good events, rallies etc.

byron

RIP
Visit site
1st picture the ex-patrol launch is me.
2nd picture is Brayman
3rd is Uncle Albert

Obviously taken from Chris D's boat.... anyone take a shot of his boat "winning spirit" if so whack it up, lurkers can mail it to me and I will do it. How about you Strippy? I lay odds you took one.

Brayman

Visit site
I didn't have time to take a picture of Winning Spirit as I was too busy keeping an eye on expat1 (Mike Rowlett) helming my boat.
I'm sure the official photographer has some though.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is that a dog "mooning" at you in the first picture? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Two dogs, you cannot move the boat without their consent.

Sammo

Visit site
As the newest members of the club we were looking forward to meeting everyone and we were certainly made very welcome ….. swmbo was a little worried that she might be asked to cook and tried to get out of it by saying she had got bad dermatitis…but no one seemed to mind…anyway she was only asked to place the salad on the plates, and she did it beautifully….nice to see all the money she spent on flower arranging classes wasn’t wasted.
We were asked to bring two chairs so she brought sun loungers…nice and comfortable to eat our dinner but a bit hard to get up out of to go for seconds…..
The catering was brilliant…. cuckoo-van all made in a big pot and the ladies did a great job catering for 40 odd people (if you count the dogs) …..At one point G. Ramsey arrived at the gate hoping to help with the catering but Byron told him to sod off as he wasn`t a member…..I thought it might turn nasty but after a ten minutes of walking up and down Ferry Road shouting profanities and waving his fish slice at us through the gate he eventually buggered off….
Sunday morning we did a sail past….I`m not sure why but at the briefing we were given our mission instructions and I spent an hour with swmbo giving instructions as to how to dip an ensign without loosing it overboard……I was last in line so It was quite easy …I only fell behind the once when I tried to persuade a passing narrowboat to join the line…..I thought it would be nice to have all types of cruising boats represented …..anyway he couldn`t as it turned out he didn`t have an ensign to dip ..which was a pity…..
A great weekend we stayed an extra day and left on Monday…We loved it …a great club with no pretensions and all with a common interest. boats….
Special thanks to Byron and Eileen who unselfishly allowed the club use of the river frontage….. which after all is their front garden…..

jaws

Visit site
Would you like it gold plater, framed, or just tattooed on the back of a scantily clad lady? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will I get my invite to the Bertholders party in it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Strewth! That really needled you dinnit. You have an open invite from me to attend any ODCC do. In fact I'm sure we will welcome any prospective members especially after the AGM when the chief pissartiste of the Thames is elected Commodore next year, he loves people that haven't heard his raants & raves before /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

apollo

Visit site
TeeHeee, that got a reaction!!

As it happens I was away on the boat that weekend anyway, but never let that get in the way of a good rant!!

I am just following in the teaching of my mentor B1, he says if I was a bit older I would be welcomed into the "Old Boy Network" but to keep up the good work until then.

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: Invite

You had an invite to the BCC BBQ at Cookham two weeks ago and didn't turn up so does it matter if you get an invite or not?

EDIT:- PS You are hereby officially invited to the BCC social at Bray Marina on the 29th.

jaws

Visit site
Every club has their whinging geriatric. Mike is just filling in until we find one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

apollo

Visit site
Re: Invite

hee hee and another one!!!

Not much work going on this afternoon.

No, only the vampires go to the late BBQ on the upper island due to lack of daylight, when they emerge out from under the trees the next day on the way home, they turn into sculls..

(Just checking whether someone here has spiked my tea!)