Moron

robp

Visit site
Unlikely that you are reading this but maybe your companions are? To tow a Water Skier with a big rib through the crowded anchorage at Totland Bay yesterday, swamping my 10 year old in his dinghy. And then to carry on closer to the shore and out the other side! Just beggars belief. You did the best thing, creeping off to hide whilst I was shouting questions regarding your IQ, or lack of it.

We then sat and watched. Virtually every other motor crusier coming in, slowed up a good distance out and gently entered the bay. Restored our faith somewhat.

Then what do we hear this morning? Tragic.. I'm close to changing my mind on licensing!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Ah, he'd be the one that did the same thing in Alum Bay the day before. What you probably didn't realise is that yachts and motorboats are placed in bays like Alum and Totland to act as a slalom course for water skiers.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Johnjo

Visit site
We experienced speedboats passing through a crowded anchorage at high speed yesterday at
Channals Creek on the River Fal, Childen swimming, playing in dingys, canoes etc.
this dispite there being a 8 knot speed limit in force.
When will these people learn?

Also saw a sailboat of about 24 foot sailing through same place under full sail dispite
there being a stiff easterly wind blowing.
Don't know what he tried to do, but ended up T boning a Golen Hind who was at anchor.
the resulting sound of the crash sounded very expensive!..........

<hr width=100% size=1>

ThomasHome

Visit site
Whilst we're on the subject of morans, midday Saturday, we were just south of Chichester Bar into wind putting the main up, when a 45 or so foot power boat came hairing out of Chichester Harbour past the Bar Beacon and West Pale at 30 knots causing a wash that could topple a cat! fortunatly I saw it and had time to hang on as we were stern to the wave and I was standing on the coach roof.

Motor boats get a hard enough time as it is without idiots like that going too fast in a crowded channel making things worse.

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Pity we hadn't strung a start line up for him, between a couple of the yachts!

<hr width=100% size=1>