more pics from Guernsey

wellf100

Visit site
Hi, well we couldn't let Sunday's lovely weather go by without some boating so we set off from St Sampsons just before lunch. With lightish north easterlies forecast the plan was to head south down through the Little Russell, around St Martins Point and round to Moulin Huet bay on the South coast for lunch where it would be sheltered. As it turned out the wind was more easterly straight onto the beam so not quite the flat calm i was hoping for. However it was no problem and as we rounded St Martins Point and headed into Moulin Huet we were greeted with this:

perfect....

in fact we were not the only ones. The south coast was clearly the place to be as there were 12 or so other boats anchored up in this bay already!

This was at about high tide with not much beach showing even with this weeks modest neaps. But there is a big expanse of perfect sand at low tide which looks amazing when viewed from the cliff paths above.

As you can see access to this bay is much easier by boat!...

After some lunch I decided to go for a snorkel:

and visit the cave to the left of the bay:

After that and a bit more messing about we pulled up the anchor and headed further west along the coast for a quick look at the other bays.

Top left: Moulin Huet
Top right: Saints Bay
Bottom left: La Jaonnet Bay
Bottom right: Petit Bot

loads of people out on Petit Bot, sunbathing, swimming, snorkling, kayaking and and group of kids coastering:

After that we headed back home and as usual the kids fell asleep at 20 knots!.....

All in all a fantastic afternoon.

cheers
Rich

jfm

Visit site
Wow, great pictures. Thanks for posting. I've never boated in Guernsey apart from a quick stop over one in St PP so I enjoyed seeing those anchorages. I just saw your other post too. Great choice of boat you made there: high sides, open decks, windscreen, rollercoaster trailer - exactly what you want imho

I look forward to forthcoming threads as you decide to get bigger and bigger boats. You can check out of boating anytime you like but you can never leave :D

wellf100

Visit site
thanks all.

jfm - bigger is inevitable I think! my dad had a 70 foot ex RAF air sea rescue boat in the 60's which I've heard stories about for the last 30 odd years so maybe we'll combine forces to go large!