moonraker 350 and the sea

moonraker boats

Visit site
Just to add to what's been said.

Farndon Commodore has owned one for years and has been all sorts of places, in all sorts of conditions along the east coast and Humber region.

He told one tale of either going to or coming back from Lowestoft and conditions were, er, lively. Waves were so high they could only occasionally see another boat travelling with them.

At one point he said a wave hit beam on and the boat went right over onto its side, such that the water touched the side windows:eek:... the boat just righted and carried on.

So if you're concerned about their ability at sea, don't be.

after reading a few peoples comments on the net i was a lttle worried it was going to be bad in the sea but you have made me feel a bit better.

we intend to do some courses like radio, nav, power boat 1 and 2 is there anything else you think we may need and also any we dont need

tabler

Visit site
I just rang Anglia Yacht Brokers about 'Moonshine' this afternoon.

I was interested in her when she was for sale with NYA, went on holiday, rang about her when I got back and was told she was sold.

I found her on the net quite by accident up for sale again, and was told that the owner had just changed brokers.

I would be very interested to know if your offer has been accepted, it would save me a lot of trouble, and I can get back to prowling the internet for something suitable.

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Just to add to what's been said.

Farndon Commodore has owned one for years and has been all sorts of places, in all sorts of conditions along the east coast and Humber region.

He told one tale of either going to or coming back from Lowestoft and conditions were, er, lively. Waves were so high they could only occasionally see another boat travelling with them.

At one point he said a wave hit beam on and the boat went right over onto its side, such that the water touched the side windows:eek:... the boat just righted and carried on.

So if you're concerned about their ability at sea, don't be.

I know brads boat well, I've repaired both engine head gaskets and exhaust manifolds in the past two years, a nice boat with loads of character .

moonraker boats

Visit site
I just rang Anglia Yacht Brokers about 'Moonshine' .

I would be very interested to know if your offer has been accepted, it would save me a lot of trouble, and I can get back to prowling the internet for something suitable.

My Offer has been accepted and we are just sorting out the surveys. good luck with your search

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I just rang Anglia Yacht Brokers about 'Moonshine' this afternoon.

I was interested in her when she was for sale with NYA, went on holiday, rang about her when I got back and was told she was sold.

I found her on the net quite by accident up for sale again, and was told that the owner had just changed brokers.

I had the same attitude from a broker with the same boat for sale as mine on the Thames, I saw it under offer so rang to find out if it had been sold , by another party I found out the seller had got pissed off with the broker so took it off them and moved it to another dealer. Seems this broker didn't want to bear face so said it had been sold, which is silly because I could have been a punter .

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
when i called nya they told me the same then i found it on another site so i called them went to view there and made an offer which has been accepted.

the other broker was very unhelpfull

I'm surprised at nya there normally quite a good outfit, did they not offer any alternative boats?

Momac

Visit site
Some friends have a Moonraker . This picture was taken a couple of years ago.
The number on the side indicates horsepower rather than length.

moonraker 36

Visit site
Copyofboatholiday2011040.jpg
[/IMG]