Monty's Inn Beaulieu

richardbrennan

Visit site
Rather than risk the Master Builder, we walked up to Beaulieu village and ate in Monty's Inn. Not particularly cheap, but the food was excellent and the staff attentive and helpful. It took us bout 45 minutes to walk from Bucklers Hard but we were able to arrange for the new Water Taxi to pick us up afterwards as the tide was at a suitable time. Obviously I cannot comment on the current state of the food at the Master Builder, but the attitude does not appear to be good. My crew was a friend from the US and he went into the hotel for a coffee whilst waiting for the museum to open. Much to his amazement, they refused to serve him as he was not a resident, even though they were serving coffee and did not appear to be busy!

DPH

Visit site
Went to Master Builders yesterday as crew too lazy to walk to Monty's. I warned them the food was rubbish and subsequently they wish they had walked

richardbrennan

Visit site
What a shame it's so bad! Went again to Monty's about a month ago, still very good. This time we got a taxi from the company recommended by the marina. Picked us up both ways as requested and not too expensive, particularly if divided up among a crew.