Microplus 502 Boat hatch

Samantha

Visit site
Hello, I own a Microplus 502 and need to replace my hatch. I’m having real trouble finding a replacement be it either new or used. Does anybody know where I could source one or get one made please? Thank you

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
Hi, there is a company called custom boat screens in Birmingham selling this item on eBay -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234626196717?itmmeta=01HQYA7E1EXW9AHCN3W5N59SX6&hash=item36a0cfa4ed:g:eCgAAOSwLfhi0q3I&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA4OZpf0VFln5KcLh9LqtzKRuX9mTYRPEBE3jsPBGDY7MtXF4Tgh0luMKfk/4DvFzIcbpnB0PmkaPph5snU8inb9qpis5rHujX3eiwpoVNVcvr7O66wLsKtaZq2rYTB5uKeUQxpshaIRZ5spQiiX0mqmIDd6/CD8MF2LI/RPyc0jwBtbryFRJIo2CzdylomR/G6+xM17R3ikRVMeuGkZwY8SFIHV9A3a87Au/OdOEtsPh8/lUGqfyYKj4fcABIUuf4frZJRvExPqyObajQmFiXTqmV88OQl7K3w3NrdTMsgBpU|tkp:Bk9SR-Tgncq_Yw

It’s a copy part hatch cover for the more common Microplus 501, but they say they have patterns for the 502 too.

Reposting on the Motorboat forum might get more replies, most here have yachts. I’ve got a Shetland F4 as well as a yacht, so have feet in both camps

Last edited:

Samantha

Visit site
Hi, there is a company called custom boat screens in Birmingham selling this item on eBay -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234626196717?itmmeta=01HQYA7E1EXW9AHCN3W5N59SX6&hash=item36a0cfa4ed:g:eCgAAOSwLfhi0q3I&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA4OZpf0VFln5KcLh9LqtzKRuX9mTYRPEBE3jsPBGDY7MtXF4Tgh0luMKfk/4DvFzIcbpnB0PmkaPph5snU8inb9qpis5rHujX3eiwpoVNVcvr7O66wLsKtaZq2rYTB5uKeUQxpshaIRZ5spQiiX0mqmIDd6/CD8MF2LI/RPyc0jwBtbryFRJIo2CzdylomR/G6+xM17R3ikRVMeuGkZwY8SFIHV9A3a87Au/OdOEtsPh8/lUGqfyYKj4fcABIUuf4frZJRvExPqyObajQmFiXTqmV88OQl7K3w3NrdTMsgBpU|tkp:Bk9SR-Tgncq_Yw

It’s a copy part hatch cover for the more common Microplus 501, but they say they have patterns for the 502 too.

Reposting on the Motorboat forum might get more replies, most here have yachts. I’ve got a Shetland F4 as well as a yacht, so have feet in both camps
Thank you for your message. I’ve tried there and they don’t make hatches anymore even though they have some on Ebay - as I saw them too on there! so they said unfortunately. Would you happen to have the link for the motorboat forum please? 😊

Samantha

Visit site
Thank you for your message. I’ve tried there and they don’t make hatches anymore even though they have some on Ebay - as I saw them too on there! so they said unfortunately. Would you happen to have the link for the motorboat forum please? 😊
I’ve just come across the motor boat section - thank you!

Samantha

Visit site
Hello, I own a Microplus 502 and need to replace my hatch. I’m having real trouble finding a replacement be it either new or used. Does anybody know where I could source one or get one made please? Thank you

Samantha

Visit site
show us some pics and dimensions of the existing hatch please

what exactly is wrong with it ?
So it has never had the original hatch on it and when the hatch needed replacing we made a wooden one. The plywood is starting to come apart and letting rain water inside.

Attachments

• IMG_6021.jpeg
    IMG_6021.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 7

simonfraser

Visit site
custom size, will cost serious money to have that fabricated

make a new one again, as you have the skills ?
use marine ply

Samantha

Visit site
custom size, will cost serious money to have that fabricated

make a new one again, as you have the skills ?
use marine ply
We did use marine ply for this one and also sealed all the edges up with five coats of sealer but still moisture has got in somehow? I’ll just keep looking for a spares or repair one because I don’t really want to go down the wooden root again if I can help it. Thank you for your advice 😊

simonfraser

Visit site
Epoxy coat it, wrap with fibreglass, won’t rot again
Google it or put a new post on the boating forum and some one will explain in detail

Samantha

Visit site
Hi - following on from my message below a kind forum user suggested the following to do to my leaking wooden hatch on my boat - any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated …

Google it or put a new post on the boating forum and some one will explain in detail

Original message : Hello, I own a Microplus 502 and need to replace my hatch. I’m having real trouble finding a replacement be it either new or used. Does anybody know where I could source one or get one made please? Thank you

CliveF

Visit site
I remember watching a certain video streaming web site and the channel " boatworks today" search through for making a new hatch cover.
That will tell you all that you need to know.
Seriously no need to look any further than that the guy is spot on.

Canopy Locked

Visit site
I 2nd CliveF above - Search for Boatworks on U tube - think he is Canadian so some of the materials have different brand names. However you will get a lot of knowledge and confidence to tackle these jobs. I'd also recommend East Coast Fibreglass in the UK as a product supplier (no connection just a satisfied customer). You can speak to people there. Things like mixing cups I find are cheaper in the local supermarket where I buy the party paper cups.

Plum

Visit site
Last edited:

Plum

Visit site
Hi - following on from my message below a kind forum user suggested the following to do to my leaking wooden hatch on my boat - any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated …

Original message : Hello, I own a Microplus 502 and need to replace my hatch. I’m having real trouble finding a replacement be it either new or used. Does anybody know where I could source one or get one made please? Thank you
Please see my reply I just posted to your other message....

Samantha

Visit site
I remember watching a certain video streaming web site and the channel " boatworks today" search through for making a new hatch cover.
That will tell you all that you need to know.
Seriously no need to look any further than that the guy is spot on.
Thank you very much I’ll give it a watch 😊