Meo Enjoy data slow

GHA

Visit site
Anyone else using the Meo Enjoy 30Gb/15 days for 15 Euro data sim? Is yours useable?
I have one but it is appallingly slow, on the Guadiana - showing all bars for the network strength but drip feed data speeds - not sure if it's the cheapo phone I'm using as an access point or if it's just a slow network.

TIA

GHA

Visit site
BOm Dia Paddy,
Use the Library or ask Ludd. Never could get a good signal on the river that far up.

Bom Dia, Hola,

We're rocking now, nearly 10Mbps on speedtest!
So all I did was create an APN, name - "Meo" APN - "internet" which seems to have opened the door to streaming youtube etc.
Euro a day for 2 Gb, no need for passport or anything - just over the counter from the Meo shop in Vila Real.
https://www.meo.pt/connectedholidays

Heckler

Visit site
Bom Dia, Hola,

We're rocking now, nearly 10Mbps on speedtest!
So all I did was create an APN, name - "Meo" APN - "internet" which seems to have opened the door to streaming youtube etc.
Euro a day for 2 Gb, no need for passport or anything - just over the counter from the Meo shop in Vila Real.
https://www.meo.pt/connectedholidays
We used Meo whilst we were there in Portugal. Always found it fast, used swmbo samsung mini phone with tethering. Guadiana still warm or has it cooled down now?
Stu

Heckler

Visit site
Bit cooler during the day now and might even have to get the heater going again in the evenings. Wall to wall sunshine today, such a nicer place to be than northern europe :cool:
Sitting here dying from "man flu" a bad common cold actually, but feel like sh it! Will see what we feel like at the end of the month for a quick visit to La Linea, make sure all is ok.
Stu

GrahamM376

Visit site
couldn't find anything for meo Enjoy on google, I'll try again

Paddy, I can't remember the name of the one we used but it wasn't specific to any particular provider, it just monitored how much was down and uploaded to/from the computer. We found Vodafone to have the best reception up the river but that may have changed with new masts being erected. Graham.

GHA

Visit site
Paddy, I can't remember the name of the one we used but it wasn't specific to any particular provider, it just monitored how much was down and uploaded to/from the computer. We found Vodafone to have the best reception up the river but that may have changed with new masts being erected. Graham.
Ah, ok thanks. The phone has that already. Meo is super fast up here! It's a nightly youtubeathon! :)