Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Bouba

Visit site
LJS knows a lot about boat cleaning and detailing....he paid for it and did it himself......that’s commitment
I’ve done that many a time and not just boats.
Anyhow, back to the theme of the thread; it’s just been announced that many regions, including mine, are going to have more restrictions starting 6th March.
Summer may yet be cancelled, I don’t know ???

Hooligan

Visit site
I’ve killed many a thread since I joined but this is the first for a nice reason ?
Bouba, enjoy this moment. The way things are headed in France you will be in lockdown in the Summer, especially as that lunatic President of yours seems to have killed off the chance of people taking the vax. I am sure I speak for all when I say that come July, you will be inundated with pix of us currently housebound Brits, enjoying the lovely beaches of Europe (other than France), and dare i even say it Wales :). We live for this moment :). Keep sending the pix though.....it keeps us going

Reactions: RJJ

Hooligan

Visit site
This is the latest from the bbc
Coronavirus: EU urged to adopt 'vaccine passports'
Summer looks 50/50 to me
Basically the French and Germans have totally buggered up the vaccine programme in Europe. I am close to certain that there is now a total split in Europe. those like France and Germany who are desperate to not lose face to the UK and keep us Brits out, and those like Greece and the other countries who absolutely need tourism. Greece has figured out that Germans and French wont be either vaccinated or allowed to leave to other countries outside Schengen (or perhaps even between Schengen which truly would kill the EU), and therefore the UK is their only hope of having a tourist season. I can not see these countries towing the line of France simply to save face for Macron and get him re elected next year. Just my view which others I know disagree with, but I am willing to bet that as long as you have had your two doses, then there will be boating in the Med this summer, perhaps not France or the Rhine.

julians

Visit site
but I am willing to bet that as long as you have had your two doses, then there will be boating in the Med this summer, perhaps not France or the Rhine.

Hope it doesn't require both doses in order to travel.

There's a fairly good chance I (and most of the population) will have had my first dose by July, but very unlikely I will have had my second.

And if I'm not allowed to travel while all the old folk who I've ( and most other people under the age of 50) been protecting for the last 12 months can Swan off around Europe without a care in the world then I'll be v peed off

Last edited:

Hooligan

Visit site

There's a fairly good chance I will have had my first dose by July, but very unlikely I will have had my second.

And if I'm not allowed to travel while all the old folk who I've ( and most other people under the age of 50) been protecting for the last 12 months can Swan off around Europe without a care in the world then I'll be v peed off
Yes I think you would be extremely correct in being upset. From what I understand the Greeks at least are catering for this as well as they also know that families wont travel if their kids cannot travel. So for me the key is where there is a will there will be a way. There is no will in either France or Germany at present, but elsewhere I believe there is. Anyway I just feel that we need to be optimistic and pragmatic and listen to the mood music in Europe and it seems to me that when you actually look at it there is greater chance countries spreading CV allowing their un vaccinated population do staycations than there is allowing vaccinated Brits - one or two doses - in to their countries, especially if they have had tests before they arrive. My personal view is that the bigger issue, as Deleted User says, is what policy there will be for returning Brits.

Bouba

Visit site
Bouba, enjoy this moment. The way things are headed in France you will be in lockdown in the Summer,
while I agree with a lot of what you say, I couldn’t possibly comment, in an open forum, about the political leaders of the country in which I have, as yet, no legal right to abode ?

Clancy Moped

Visit site

There's a fairly good chance I will have had my first dose by July, but very unlikely I will have had my second.

Problem is, its got to work both ways, and we in Mallorca are just not up to speed.

AstraZeneca delivery problems could derail Mallorca's vaccination programme

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
The Welch med today.

Attachments

• A177CDA3-AB73-4F6B-9240-F09E451A95B8.jpeg
    A177CDA3-AB73-4F6B-9240-F09E451A95B8.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 764D9C37-C0E7-4E83-9198-A06409DADF8C.jpeg
    764D9C37-C0E7-4E83-9198-A06409DADF8C.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 21
  • F74294FB-810F-4E08-BD28-5542ADB9E2FF.jpeg
    F74294FB-810F-4E08-BD28-5542ADB9E2FF.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 0CFE6604-62C3-43C2-9110-B3D964E91EE4.jpeg
    0CFE6604-62C3-43C2-9110-B3D964E91EE4.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 20

thejonesey

Visit site
I bought a share of PeteM’s boat last January (pre any notion of Covid.) Thankfully we kept the UK boat rather than selling as planned -sod the cost!
Boating abroad will return eventually and when it does I will be sure to share a picture of my 1st Day in the Med. In fact Covid might have convinced the missus that we ‘need’ two boats!?? Just looking for a positive!?

Bouba

Visit site
I bought a share of PeteM’s boat last January (pre any notion of Covid.) Thankfully we kept the UK boat rather than selling as planned -sod the cost!
Boating abroad will return eventually and when it does I will be sure to share a picture of my 1st Day in the Med. In fact Covid might have convinced the missus that we ‘need’ two boats!?? Just looking for a positive!?
You should ask PeteM for a discount ?

TonyR123

Visit site
Apparently the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is now fine for the over 65s in Germany & France. Politics must be getting in the way of saving peoples lives. Also read some hotels in Mallorca are opening up soon so I am still very confident for July onwards (hopefully June), even if I need a covid test. Should have first dose of vaccine by then, but doubt 2nd.