Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Bouba

Visit site
@Bouba looks like you're going to be providing everybody's fix this year.
Unfortunately, as we speak, the powers that be are drawing up new restrictions. So the next photos might be the recommissioning of the pool?

Last edited:

Hooligan

Visit site
@Bouba looks like you're going to be providing everybody's fix this year.
Some junior minister. I wouldn’t read too much into this. As long as Spain will take us the UK will not be able to stop us. At least in my view. The overwhelming weight of economic reality facing every tourist sector and country will mean there is a summer and I can nor envisage that Boris will vaccinate the whole country and then stop anyone travelling.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Some junior minister. I wouldn’t read too much into this. As long as Spain will take us the UK will not be able to stop us. At least in my view. The overwhelming weight of economic reality facing every tourist sector and country will mean there is a summer and I can nor envisage that Boris will vaccinate the whole country and then stop anyone travelling.

And furlough has been extended to September ........

Hooligan

Visit site
And furlough has been extended to September ........
Yes....but with a little kicker that employers have to pay increasing amounts. First I suspect companies who know they will let go furloughed people will start doing so. Second those that won’t or are unsure will be allowed to bring people back more gradually as they restart their businesses. I think quite a smart move from Rishi personally. It also means more people still doing nothing ie sitting around at home. After 7 months locked up the pressure for a break before restarting will be even greater and there is now nowhere to go in the UK. All self catering booked until end October, caravan sites all booked etc etc. All points to an absolute need to open up travel. Plus if they don’t the budget isn’t going to come close to what is needed to bail out the airlines and all associated employment etc. I suspect that they just don’t want to get anyone too excited right now, but the fact is that the numbers are collapsing faster than they thought and there will come a time when people will simply ask what’s the point in having a vax programme if it changes nothing. Politically untenable. Ps i appreciate that there is plenty to debate re that statement and it is not an expression of what i may or may not think, but I am certain that this is how the public will think.

Bouba

Visit site
After 7 months locked up the pressure for a break before restarting will be even greater and there is now nowhere to go in the UK. All self catering booked until end October, caravan sites all booked etc etc. All points to an absolute need to open up travel.
Is it possible that this is repeated throughout the continent? The locals booking up all the holidays for exactly the same reason, they need a break and can’t go overseas

GravyStain

Visit site
Is it possible that this is repeated throughout the continent? The locals booking up all the holidays for exactly the same reason, they need a break and can’t go overseas
I had that thought too... There's every chance you're right I think.

Hooligan

Visit site
I had that thought too... There's every chance you're right I think.
True but there is huge capacity at traditional hotspots whereas in the UK it has never over catered for visits by non Brits - how many Spaniards do you see holiday ING in Cumbria etc? So there will not be a capacity issue in my view especially as there wont be as many Brits as usual travelling I suspect

Reactions: RJJ

TonyR123

Visit site
numbers collapsing faster, summer reduces cases anyway, all at risk vaccinated, french & germans now going to use oxford/zeneca vaccine :), spanish, turks and greeks already making the right noises, few tories saying we need to ease lock down quicker, etc. Still 100% confident for July onwards, June not so confident but still think I will be out there and still expecting to be out there for Palma boat show.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
numbers collapsing faster, summer reduces cases anyway, all at risk vaccinated, french & germans now going to use oxford/zeneca vaccine :), spanish, turks and greeks already making the right noises, few tories saying we need to ease lock down quicker, etc. Still 100% confident for July onwards, June not so confident but still think I will be out there and still expecting to be out there for Palma boat show.
They moved the dates for the boat show didn't they? Do you know the new dates?

Bouba

Visit site
Going on holiday is one thing, but I would still urge caution and going to a boat show might not be prudent.

TonyR123

Visit site
Going on holiday is one thing, but I would still urge caution and going to a boat show might not be prudent.

understand caution and boat show, but I should have had my jab by then which if the only way out of this then no reason not to get back to normal - normal being whatever the goverments allow. My wife is very cautious, I am the opposite :)

GravyStain

Visit site
Cyprus just confirmed opening from June for anyone who's been jabbed...no testing or isolation required.

Hopefully dominoes will fall...

Hooligan

Visit site
I suspect kids won't count.
Two jabs, and 7 days post second jab. It is just the start ie the intention to get Cyprus on the destination map for Brits. After Greece discussed same thing. They will resolve the kids issue via tests. I doubt it will be long before Spain starts similar discussions. The only area I think at risk is France