Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Don’t want to rub it in boys, but I might go out tomorrow. For some reason our local marina is selling diesel at €1.30 per liter, that is cheaper than you can fill up a car with. I’ve got my diesel treatment in case it’s been sitting some time???

I dont want to rub it in either but :cool:?(y)

WhatsApp-Image-2021-02-14-at-16.06.30.jpg

D

Deleted User YDKXO

How many times have I told you, I am not a football fan!

Yeah, yeah, unless Tottenham are top of the league which they were for about 2 nanoseconds a few months ago :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted User YDKXO

When you go from top of the table to mid table in a few short weeks a person can go off football as a sport?

I take it you're now supporting the French rugby team? When do you expect to get your vaccine? 2025? 2030?

GravyStain

Visit site
I'm so disheartened by the whole state of affairs, and with a son that's been at school for around 12 weeks in the last year, I've just spent £50k of boat fund on an indoor pool at the house. If staycations are about all we can do this year, then I'm going to make it as fun as possible...

I think it's irrelevant as to whether we're all jabbed up, it's about the number of vaccinated people in the country we want to visit.

Bouba

Visit site
I'm so disheartened by the whole state of affairs, and with a son that's been at school for around 12 weeks in the last year, I've just spent £50k of boat fund on an indoor pool at the house. If staycations are about all we can do this year, then I'm going to make it as fun as possible...

I think it's irrelevant as to whether we're all jabbed up, it's about the number of vaccinated people in the country we want to visit.
Oh no! You’ve dipped into your boat fund??. that’s a slippy slope.....??

GravyStain

Visit site
Oh no! You’ve dipped into your boat fund??. that’s a slippy slope.....??
I know Bouba... We had a pool outdoors last year and my little lad was in it for hours everyday, so I guess I'm trying to be a good dad, but you're right - it's a very slippery slope, and one that I'd rather not think about :)

In truth though, It's being built from money that would have gone on holidays etc, so I'm using MANMATHS to ease my boating conscience :unsure: :)

Hooligan

Visit site
I’m pretty optimistic the summer will be fine. Most everyone will be jabbed in the U.K., the incident of disease will fall by virtue of the season as it did last year, and countries will compete for the business of those who will travel, of whom there will be many. My only concern is France where politics and hatred of the U.K. success on the vax seems toxic, and if this spills into Schengen then perhaps problems in Spain and Italy. But Greece will ensure their beach resorts are full of Brits and I cannot see the Spaniards or Italians sitting there watching planes fly overhead with all that pent up cash to spend on Ouzo. Now is the time to look tough as people don’t typically travel now except skiing perhaps but when push comes to shove and Boris announces resumption of travel as I am certain he will I think those who want to go to their boats will be able to. Last summer was one of the best we have had and I think this one will be too. Just my viewpoint and to be honest I can’t see the point in not being optimistic!!

MrB

Visit site
I’m pretty optimistic the summer will be fine. Most everyone will be jabbed in the U.K., the incident of disease will fall by virtue of the season as it did last year, and countries will compete for the business of those who will travel, of whom there will be many. My only concern is France where politics and hatred of the U.K. success on the vax seems toxic, and if this spills into Schengen then perhaps problems in Spain and Italy. But Greece will ensure their beach resorts are full of Brits and I cannot see the Spaniards or Italians sitting there watching planes fly overhead with all that pent up cash to spend on Ouzo. Now is the time to look tough as people don’t typically travel now except skiing perhaps but when push comes to shove and Boris announces resumption of travel as I am certain he will I think those who want to go to their boats will be able to. Last summer was one of the best we have had and I think this one will be too. Just my viewpoint and to be honest I can’t see the point in not being optimistic!!
It's been in the news all day that flight bookings are up by 100% in the UK after yesterdays announcements. Let's just hope Europe catches up with vaccinations.

TonyR123

Visit site
I am pretty confident I will be in Mallorca in June - although I won’t be booking any flights just yet. Very confident for July & august and probably book those flights in next week.

RupertW

Visit site
I am pretty confident I will be in Mallorca in June - although I won’t be booking any flights just yet. Very confident for July & august and probably book those flights in next week.
We’ve booked our flights out yesterday for 26th June as they were going fast - no return flights booked yet

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Correct. The UK isnt going to consider allowing inbound/outbound international travel until after May 17 by which time all UK adults should have received their first jab. What makes anyone think that other countries are not going to apply the same criteria in terms of waiting until their own adult population has been jabbed before allowing tourists in? And then there is still the possible issue of quarantine on return to the UK. The UK govt may choose to allow international travel but retain the quarantine requirements. Not many people are going to choose to go abroad for a holiday if they have to isolate for 10days when they return