MDL Price rise for 2016

lionelz

Visit site
Well just got mine for premier drystack in gosport just over 30 ft boat gone up by 100 to just under 3900 have take advantage of all the discounts like pay in advance and early renewal but overall I'm quite happy

paul salliss

Visit site
If you don't like it, vote with your keel.

They are a commercial business and will charge as much as they think consumer base will bear.

As for what you get - a berth and the services associated with it. Just because inflation is lower, their staff costs (average national wage inflation is 2.5%), financing may be higher, services may be higher etc etc

Well said Whitelighter

I do not know if prices were static while the recession was biting hard, but we all noticed many things remained price increase neutral back then for a while, I for one benefitted with no increase in my berthing fees for a while, now times are better they are entitled to put the price up, bit like interest rates no one says great when the rate is next to zero for years but wait for them to scream a year or two down the line

superheat6k

Visit site
approx. £4700 Saxon v's £6400 Mercury
Are you sure about £6,400 for 10m at Mercury. When I last enquired for 40' (12m) it was £8,500, making 10m ~ £7,000

The A27 bridge halves the price, which pays for the wind as the yachts have no choice but to pay for their 'free' wind.

Anthony Foulkes is trying to extend his yard by up to 30 new 30' berths, which will be swiftly taken up, especially when he gets round to building the new barge Restaurant and Bar. Presently he is completely full, unlike many of the other marinas on the Hamble.

MapisM

Visit site
All well and good, but my conclusion is exactly the opposite.
The hassles of the transfers to the Med are good reasons for staying there all summer long, coming back home as rarely as necessary, not the other way round! :cool:

drh2

Visit site
It would be nice to see some incentives for loyalty in some way perhaps, other than the usual discount for fees all up front, as many of us haven't got the 5k or so to part with in one hit. I think that marina companies could have been a little more inventive to keep customers over the last few years.

gjgm

Visit site
Well,MDL have surely with fuel,boat yard movements etc, and they have been upgrading facilities at some marinas.

Ian h

Visit site
Incidentally, does that mean that the rate (cost per metre) for a 12m boat is higher than the rate for a 10m boat? If so, that is quite a disincentive for going larger...

Yes MDL have price bands it's not a fixed price per meter across the range.
They work on the bigger the boat the higher per meter charge

Ian h

Visit site
Well,MDL have surely with fuel,boat yard movements etc, and they have been upgrading facilities at some marinas.

Nothing changed at Saxon in the time i have been there. A talked about fuel berth has not materalised,
BUT it does work for me and this thread was not a moan about price rises it was just to find out what other marina's are charging and how much they are putting prices up for next year,
I do not believe that either Sahamrock Quay or Saxon have been full this year.

z1ppy

Visit site
Nothing changed at Saxon in the time i have been there. A talked about fuel berth has not materalised,
BUT it does work for me and this thread was not a moan about price rises it was just to find out what other marina's are charging and how much they are putting prices up for next year,
I do not believe that either Sahamrock Quay or Saxon have been full this year.

I can assure you that Saxon has been full this year!