maryport

beserk

Visit site
Did you know that Thomas Henry Ismay the founder of the White Star Line was born in Maryport.
Very friendly locals and great music in the White Star pub.
Try visiting 28th/29th/30th July for the Blue's Festival. I guarantee you will be back every year.

Avocet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The local youths were actually shooting at the dolphin with air rifles. The police were called but of course they run away. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Violent crimes up by 2000 No. in Cumbria last year according to the local BEEB tonight.

Pays your money and takes your chance?

JJTOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, but having moved up here from Manchester 5 years ago, I think it's worth keeping these statistics in perspective...!

pjs100

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that Thomas Henry Ismay the founder of the White Star Line was born in Maryport.
Very friendly locals and great music in the White Star pub.
Try visiting 28th/29th/30th July for the Blue's Festival. I guarantee you will be back every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks, I've been there once. I hope they don't drone on too much about the Titanic?
JJTOP

knowot

Visit site
Many thanks to all (I think ) if I wake up with a horses head then I'll know it was a bad idea. Only thing that is going to be different is this having to work tides thing, we must be getting soft sailing the clyde, 2 hour sails when you feel like it.

Last time I sailed the Irish sea was helping bringing a miller fifer up from Glasson to Irvine, hadn't sailed for 5 years and had to diesel all the way and missed the tide, so can imagine I was a little ill, I gave up at Port Patrick and caught train home.

cheers Adam /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif