Marina staff tip?

fuss

Visit site
No, Do not tip

In the marine industry we already pay enough and people with boats are often viewed as walking wallets.
I think all boaters should take some responsibility for ensuring that it becomes better known that we also value money and dont throw it around for all and sundry.

The locals become used to people coming for a week or two, eating out often and displaying the fact the money is not important and locals are free to extract as much as they like. ... of course its understandable....its your holiday and you want to enjoy it.

I would suggest that every boater pledge to reduce his expendature this year by 10%....not 10% less value though.
Each would achieve this if we all do the following

1 No Tipping
2 ask for more than 1 quote
3 put more importance on quality
4 do not part with the money so easily
5 ask for guarantees
6 ask for invoices
7 get recommendations before agreeing to let someone do some work on your boat
8 show that the things above are important to you

(I had an alternator bracket modified by the local engineering firm , it took 2 hours and cost 10 Euros....I would never have got anything like this value in the marine industry)

Hey... I know I am not talking everywhere.... but this is pretty much the way it is.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I'm not a local. I am viewed as a valid target to support the entire Welsh economy. Mostly I don't mind where prices are broadly similar to at home. But there are limits to my generosity & the depth of my pockets.

It's easy enough to say no thanks.