Marclear Antifouling

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
Its the time of year when I start saving up for my tins of Antifouling........... Has anyone tried the Marclear range; in particular the self polishing variant..

Thanks Nick

ZEBEDEE

Visit site
Until about 4 years ago I along with a lot of members of our sailing club used Marclear every year. Then company changed hands so did formula and it went down hill.
I keep my boat on a river trot mooring in SW and have now changed to Blakes which I have used since with good results. Boat in water from April to November All that we have had on bottom of boat has been slime which has come off very easily.

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
Thanks for that. I remember that they used to do special deals for Clubs etc. but then appeared to disappear.. Trouble is that one doesnt want to experiment with these things unless there is good evidence that its going to work. I remember that the tins were very heavy which I took to be a good sign

Recon Ill stick to Blakes Titan.

Nick

PaulJ

Visit site
Used Marclear on my old boat about 5 yrs ago before I sold it. For what it's worth, the story I got was that Marclear was originally set up by a guy who had been working for Blakes and the old Marclear was exactly the same as Blakes Titan and was excellent stuff. I haven't had a boat to antifoul since then so I wouldn't know about changes of hands or formula in recent years!