Maintenance Spray. Which One.

Jim@sea

Visit site
I had an Outboard Serviced and noticed that the moving parts has been coated with a thick white coating which looked as if it was sprayed on.
Obviously better than WD 40. I was told that it was PTFE Spray, so I bought a can. It was not the same.
Mind you the can says its DRY PTFE Spray. Does that mean that there is a "WET" PTFE Spray.
Or does anyone know the name of the Spray Can I am looking for.

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
I don't know the spray you're looking for but ACF-50 is worth looking at for any marine electrical or electronic preservation. I've used it and it really is very good.

Ex-SolentBoy

Visit site
Our outboard servicer uses that stuff as well. I think you will find it if you Google white grease spay. WD40 do a lithium one.

Personally, I prefer Corrosion X marine.

McKimm

Visit site
I had an Outboard Serviced and noticed that the moving parts has been coated with a thick white coating which looked as if it was sprayed on.

If its on moving parts and as you describe it will be spray Lithium grease. Same stuff you see hinges and locks after your car service. £5 a can!

Plevier

Visit site
Screwfix carry a good range of spray lubricants and coatings - white grease, PTFE etc etc - from 3 in 1 and other makers at decent prices. Not ACF50 though.

spynappels

Visit site
Wurth do a good range of sprays as well from basic Maintenance sprays (WD40 equivalent) to heavier load-bearing creeping lubricant sprays. I would not normally have used the PTFE spray (which is all dry PTFE spray) on an outboard, I suspect it was actually a Lithium based lube spray as said by others.

I don't work for them anymore, and haven't done for about 6 years, but I used to sell a lot of their different sprays to marine workshops and maintenance companies in Northern Ireland. I still use them myself for my own and my friends boating applications.

Zagato

Visit site
Lithium grease for moving parts.
ACF-50 to kill and prevent further corrosion, it's a moisture barrier and excellent for spraying on electrics as already mentioned.

C

catalac08

This sounds more like Waxoil Spray which forms a waxy coating. I have used this on an outboard engine and it soon picks up surface dirt and looks a mess but underneath it will be pristine.