Lpg detector

cagey

Visit site
What is the best lpg detector on the market today. My pilot needs replacing and I wondered what is trusted replacement now.
Thanks

pvb

Visit site
If I were in the market for one, I'd probably go for a Nereus system. However, I don't have an LPG sensor and have no intention of fitting one. If you turn the gas off at the cylinder when it's not being used, there's no risk.

richardm47

Visit site
Yes I like my Nereus system, would avoid Pilot. Nereus is better designed for easier installation. Looks neater. And the sensors don’t break as soon as they get wet.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
+1 for Nereus. I installed a twin detector CO/LPG last winter, and it was simple. The LPG detector is water resistant, and is mounted low down in the bilge in front of the cooker, and the CO about 8 " from the deckhead a little away from the burners. Quality product and easy to install. Not cheap, but what price personal safety?

cpedw

Visit site
I favour the NASA as it has comparatively low current consumption (30mA cf. Nereus 60mA) and is a reasonable price (£67.60 at Seamark Nunn cf. £258 from the manufacturer).

Derek